Andre Ethier has a fractured pinky :(
didnt play today and thats a shame. he's on an absolute tear. flat out amazing

dammit

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Andre Ethier has a fractured pinky :(
didnt play today and thats a shame. he's on an absolute tear. flat out amazing

dammit

and hopefully the Dodgers take over first place soon. then i can drop the avi :)
that or the Lakers going to the Finals, whichever comes first
No wonder why he got me 0 fantasy baseball points..... And for the record, I love to <Censored>... I just know if they had a few upgrades in a few areas they would be better. What they see in Gerald Laird is beyond me. I'll <Censored> and <Censored> until one of my teams wins a championship some year... Hope I'm alive when one of them do it!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not many catchers in the MLB can hit, so the Tigers decided to go for a good defensive catcher..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll take an average defensive catcher who hits about .270 over an excellent defensive catcher that hits .160 any day.
That is how bad Laird is.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Not many catchers in the MLB can hit, so the Tigers decided to go for a good defensive catcher..
I know quite a few catchers that are 100000000x's the player Laird is both offensively and defensively. I'm just use to Pudge, he produced in both ways but he's no longer a Tiger so whatever. Laird isn't a perfect defensive catcher either. Not bad though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just don't see why people would <Censored> about a catcher.. You're not going to get much from them unless you have an actual really good one which are hard to come by. You'd be surprised how much a good defensive catcher effects the game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But the way he hurts us offensively almost outweighs the good he does defensively. He leaves so many runners on it's unbelievable.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Just don't see why people would <Censored> about a catcher.. You're not going to get much from them unless you have an actual really good one which are hard to come by. You'd be surprised how much a good defensive catcher effects the game.
I already know how important a good defensive catcher is, you don't need to tell me anything, they are very important. But it's also nice when you have a catcher that can actually hit the ball once in every 50 at bats when needed especially when the players after him are terrible offensively.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesn't even take good swings. He seems to strike out so damn much as well.
He is just overall one of the worst offensive players in the league today.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
He doesn't even take good swings. He seems to strike out so damn much as well.
He is just overall one of the worst offensive players in the league today.
It's beyond pathetic when you have bases loaded, 0 outs and can't get any runs in because the bottom of the lineup can't get a hit to save their life. If the Tigers have them loaded with 6-9 up I know it's going to be strikeouts, double plays etc. Pretty sad but hey if they keep finding ways to win them whatever, guess they like living on the edge every night. How many games this year did they actually start off good with a lead? lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BTW, Guillen will play 2b upon return. Meaning Boesch stays :)
But IDK, Guillen isn't nearly as quick as he once was. IDK how well he can play 2B. But much better than having Santiago in the lineup everyday lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not going to hit under .200 for the season, but he plays for a reason, his defense.
And who else is there to bring in?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
BTW, Guillen will play 2b upon return. Meaning Boesch stays :)
But IDK, Guillen isn't nearly as quick as he once was. IDK how well he can play 2B. But much better than having Santiago in the lineup everyday lol.
Didn't see that coming. Hope he can be productive at second base, I think/hope he will do fine. When does Guillen come back? I haven't heard.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's beyond pathetic when you have bases loaded, 0 outs and can't get any runs in because the bottom of the lineup can't get a hit to save their life. If the Tigers have them loaded with 6-9 up I know it's going to be strikeouts, double plays etc. Pretty sad but hey if they keep finding ways to win them whatever, guess they like living on the edge every night. How many games this year did they actually start off good with a lead? lol.
Good question my friend lol.
But yeah, we aren't going to compete unless we start hitting better.
I honestly don't know how we are winning games lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not going to hit under .200 for the season, but he plays for a reason, his defense.
And who else is there to bring in?
I wouldn't be surprised if he did honestly, no joke.
Anyone but him really.

Didn't see that coming. Hope he can be productive at second base, I think/hope he will do fine. When does Guillen come back? I haven't heard.
Soon I hope. Should be within the week. At least he adds another threat to the lineup.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he did honestly, no joke.
Anyone but him really.

Soon I hope. Should be within the week. At least he adds another threat to the lineup.
With Boesch staying where he's at and Guillen at second I actually like the sounds of that more anyways. As long as Guillen can handle second which I'm hoping he can. Guillen brings another threat, no question about it. I didn't even think of it possibly turning out that way. So Ramon is just temporary at second base then.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MLB isn't all about hitting.. Back in 2008 the Tigers were 5th in the MLB in errors, last place in the division. In 2009, 19th, and led the division most of the year. But I suppose trotting out a catcher to hit .250 with poor defense is a better idea, because you're not going to find a good hitting catcher with good defense in free agency right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%