JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think im the only one not surprised
the nation seems to be, but ive been seeing the Giants all year

they have amazing pitching
texas has no bull pen

they have good enough hitting. none of this no offense crap. every single one of them can bop one at any time. they were a pain in the ass for me to watch this year.

destiny
The Rangers pen was pretty good during the year, but they just seem to not be able to handle the post season pressure.

Also I think most people are underrated the rest of the Rangers starting staff. CJ Wilson has been solid, but has had the bullpen blow two very solid starts, and Colby Lewis has had times where he is nearly unhittable. Tommy Hunter is a big question mark though.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I've had bad experience with my team up 2-0 in the championship series..so I'm just saying, it's far from over
...not your team though

11 teams have come back from a 2-0 hole...

LETS GO GIANTS

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this series isnt over

pretty much a guarantee the rangers win game 3
game 4 is going to be interesting. Tommy Hunter is very hittable, but the Giants have never seen him

Madison Bumgarner is great though.

still a series

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Derek Holland reminds me of Purcey so much.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
this series isnt over

pretty much a guarantee the rangers win game 3
game 4 is going to be interesting. Tommy Hunter is very hittable, but the Giants have never seen him

Madison Bumgarner is great though.

still a series
This series is so over, the Giants just beat the most unhittable pitcher in the postseason and they beat a very good CJ Wilson. And then the cherry on top is that theyve got that Rangers bullpen all figured out so that if they need to make a comeback late in a game they can do it against the Rangers. All the Giants need to do is win 1 in Texas and they are set. Bumgarner knows how to put teams away in the postseason, kid is filthy.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This series is so over, the Giants just beat the most unhittable pitcher in the postseason and they beat a very good CJ Wilson. And then the cherry on top is that theyve got that Rangers bullpen all figured out so that if they need to make a comeback late in a game they can do it against the Rangers. All the Giants need to do is win 1 in Texas and they are set. Bumgarner knows how to put teams away in the postseason, kid is filthy.
I wouldn't ever count out the Rangers. Their offense does this sometimes, it'll just disappear, then it'll come out and put 10 runs on you.

Also they didn't hit CJ Wilson very well. If it wasn't for the home run, he would of had a better game then Cain.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'll admit. I am very surprised by the Giants. Not necessarily the winning, but the power they've displayed. Although, this serious is far from over. Rangers could sweep the three in Texas. On the other hand, the Giants could easily end it in Texas. I don't see a sweep happening though. I see this series being tied going into Game 5. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Giants did end it in Texas really. From what I've seen, they have proven they have the power, along with the pitching. I'm sure Giants fans aren't surprised, because they have seen more of them, during the season. I, along with those who haven't, are a bit surprised.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't ever count out the Rangers. Their offense does this sometimes, it'll just disappear, then it'll come out and put 10 runs on you.

Also they didn't hit CJ Wilson very well. If it wasn't for the home run, he would of had a better game then Cain.
No

Cain wouldn't have given up a run either way it goes...

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No

Cain wouldn't have given up a run either way it goes...
If it wasn't for the homerun Wilson gave up 2 hits and had more Ks and less walks. But he did, so Cain had a better night. I'm just saying it's not like the Giants got to him at all.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Rangers up 3-0 after 2. Mitch Moreland 3 run homer. Still anything can happen, but hey, at least they wont get shutout!

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Rangers take game 3. Win 4-2. No surprise. Had a feeling they would take this one. Nice to see they are alive and have a pulse. Now, let's see if they can carry that into game 4.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I knew the Rangers were going to win today, they simply had to. I'm expecting them to win game 4 as well, but anything can happen.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I really feel they will. The pitching matchup is in their favor. Bumgardner is a rookie, who has struggled against lefties, in the postseason, and the Rangers have a handful of lefties. Against Tommy Hunter, who went 7-1 at home in the regular season. Yes, postseason and regular season are different, but the building is the same.

Plus, they have been known to hit pretty well at home. Which it showed in Game 3. If you didn't already know from watching them in the regular season, or any games leading up the this series.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tommy hunter sucks McCoy

advantage Giants

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:p

you're right about Bumgarner
texas hits lefties well.
i love Bumgarner, and i dont think the jitters will beat him. if he gets beat, it's texas

but Tommy Hunter. eek
doesnt strike out a lot of guys meaning the ball is always in play
and he gives up a lot of hits, and everyone of the giants team is swinging the bat except Burrell

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah. Bumgarner sure hasn't pitched like a rookie. Just a little red flag that his numbers against lefties, in the postseason, are worse than in the regular season. Granted, he faced more lefties in the regular season, and in more games, but it's still iffy. Could just be a fluke stat, as some tend to be, and he could step it up against Texas.

Hunter will definitely have a tougher time, especially with the Giants swinging like they have been. As you said. Especially Cody Ross. He has been insane. Came out of nowhere. He was decent for the Marlins, and definitely didn't show the power, he has, in the regular season games with the Giants.

Although, to be fair to Burrell. He has been swinging the bat. Just not connecting. :p

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
George Herman Babe Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%