P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
This puts my hopes up more than getting Kevin Love

Don't get my hopes up
Well this is the way I look at it. We hear how Embiid's agent will try to steer him towards Boston or Los Angeles. What's the easiest way to do that? To not release his injury records to others. I mean Cleveland and Milwaukee pass, Philly just drafted Noel, and Orlando and Utah don't get to see the records. Do either of them still take the risk without really knowing what they're getting into?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say the previous medical records where fine and okay by the Cavs, as they were set with Embiid until they found his foot injury in their medical examination. So basically, it's if you think Embiid will recover from this and not have reoccurring foot injuries, then you're okay with him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This injury is just another example of Embiid's body can't handle the workload, and he isn't even in the NBA yet. Maybe Cleveland was set on him, or maybe they weren't, I don't know. We see so many rumors every year that it's tough to know what's the truth and what's not. I mean I've said it before, the actual back injury wasn't what had people worried, it was why the injury occurred. I think in some ways this injury may have acted like a back breaker, no pun intended.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The back wasn't a red flag to me, and I wouldn't even say it's an example of him not being able to hold up or handle a workload. A stress fracture in your back can result from something as simple as a growth spurt and then putting to much stress on it. Once it heals, you should be fine. The foot injury is obviously major. Even if he had a clean bill of health prior to this, it would still knock him down.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The back wasn't a red flag to me, and I wouldn't even say it's an example of him not being able to hold up. A stress fracture in your back can result from something as simple as a growth spurt. The foot injury is obviously major. Even if he had a clean bill of health prior to this, it would still knock him down.
I've done tons of research on the injuries and it always came back to his body is just not made to handle the workload or stress that goes into being a basketball player at a major level. He's quite literally already at his age carrying more weight than his body can handle and it breaks down. He's had issues at every level of play. You can call a stress fracture a fatigue fracture as well, and he's had him in his back and foot now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%