P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ryan isn't a 3rd rounder...

Sabbath

Reaction score
I hope Da Bears get Eifert. I heard there is this other TE that some scouts like better than Eifert. Might have to throw him into your next version, can't remember the name.

Also, you really think Te'o is going tof all that far???

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zach Ertz or Gavin Escobar?

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Ogletree to the Vikings! +respect

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ertz is definitely a better blocker than Eifert, but I'd take Tyler over him.

Mooche

Reaction score
Great pick for the Colts.

Banks alongside Vontae would be something fierce.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
If Manti Te'o lasted till our pick, and we didn't draft him I would be surprised. Especially with having Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton who played with him for a while in ND.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
If Manti Te'o lasted till our pick, and we didn't draft him I would be surprised. Especially with having Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton who played with him for a while in ND.
I wouldn't

4th best LB in the draft

Mooche

Reaction score
I would easily want my team to select Minter, Brown and Ogletree over Te'o.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I would easily want my team to select Minter, Brown and Ogletree over Te'o.
I don't see why, when wee need a defensive leader and a MLB. Not sure on why Te'o's stock dropped so far outside of that fake girlfriend bullshit.. If that is the worst you will expect from him, I wouldn't be a bit scared in taking him.

Sabbath

Reaction score
I don't see why, when wee need a defensive leader and a MLB. Not sure on why Te'o's stock dropped so far outside of that fake girlfriend bullshit.. If that is the worst you will expect from him, I wouldn't be a bit scared in taking him.
^Word. the guy has talent and all the tools necessary to be a great MLB in the league. i don't think he will be the best, but I could easily see him reaching around top 5 in his prime.

Mooche

Reaction score
His inability to shed blocks is the reason why. He hasn't shown the ability on film to effectively get off a block, and rally to the football to make the tackle. That's extremely worrisome in a MLB/ILB. I could really give a shit less about the girlfriend drama, and I think teams will feel the same way, but it is pretty clear when watching him in depth that his reputation as a "great" linebacker is way out of line. Luke Kuechly was 10x the prospect.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm glad that Mooche and I are on the same point for LB rankings, with Te'o in 4th. Wasn't as great as he seemed to be at ND, and most of his INTs were off tips, not by reading QB coverage. Not to mention the level of QB talent he played is minimal

Ogletree is my #1 backer, followed by Brown. Love their coverage abilities. I'm struggling to see what Minny does, because I think both Ogletree and Brown will be gone by 23, but that's a tad too high for Minter. So idk if to take Minter, or a pass rusher, or a CB, or a receiver

Sabbath

Reaction score
His inability to shed blocks is the reason why. He hasn't shown the ability on film to effectively get off a block, and rally to the football to make the tackle. That's extremely worrisome in a MLB/ILB. I could really give a shit less about the girlfriend drama, and I think teams will feel the same way, but it is pretty clear when watching him in depth that his reputation as a "great" linebacker is way out of line. Luke Kuechly was 10x the prospect.
LOL. In-between the tackles he was the best MLB in college football at stopping the run so I don't know what your talking about. He has perfect tackle form, which is a hugely underrated fundamental. Speedier backs may give him trouble in the NFL, but his knowledge of gap assignments and everyone's job is what stands out. He would line people up in the right place during ND games, the leadership is unquestioned.

And although a lot of his INT's did come off of tips or errant throws. his pass coverage definitely has been improving and I'm not going to knock a guy that always seems in position to make a big play. That's what happens when you simply do your assignments.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who did Notre Dame play that could run the ball?

Mooche

Reaction score
LOL. In-between the tackles he was the best MLB in college football at stopping the run so I don't know what your talking about. He has perfect tackle form, which is a hugely underrated fundamental. Speedier backs may give him trouble in the NFL, but his knowledge of gap assignments and everyone's job is what stands out. He would line people up in the right place during ND games, the leadership is unquestioned.

And although a lot of his INT's did come off of tips or errant throws. his pass coverage definitely has been improving and I'm not going to knock a guy that always seems in position to make a big play. That's what happens when you simply do your assignments.
In between the tackles? The Irish had one of the most impressive fronts in the entire nation with Tuitt and Nix. In fact, those were the guys that really made that Irish go this year. They consistently were occupied by double teams, and this is why Te'o had a ton of free range to step up and make plays. Those guys are both animals. If you want to compare that front to the likes of say, Brown's front at K-State, it is absolutely night and day.

Leadership? Right.. Let's slam a guy into the first round because of his leadership qualities. That worked out for the Broncos with Tim Tebow, right? Please man. I love the intagibles that he brings to the table, but you can't ignore some of the blatant deffiences you see when you watch him closely. I'd challenge you to show me a series of plays where Manti is able to get off the block successfully, and then make the tackle on the runner. He gets washed out way too easily. And it has been a glaring problem since he broke onto the scene at ND.

Pass coverage? Absolutely. He's taken a monster leap this year. I can't argue that. The interceptions were a lot of plays, as you eluded to, with him being in the right position. It's hard to knock a guy for that.

Regardless, I am not sold on him being a sure-fire first round guy. Especially when you can get tremendous production from players that emerge out of nowhere. See Freeman with the Colts this year, and even Angerer a few seasons ago. Picking a MLB/ILB high is risky business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%