Nola Lottery Mock v2

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't think the Lakers will end up passing on Jahlil (although personally I agree that they should take Russell)

If they go Russell, I agree this is how it will go for the Top 10

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still not buying into the Dekker to Detroit rumors at all.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In fact, I think we would take the three guys you have being picked after him, over him.

I can't see us ending up with Dekker unless we trade back.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't see them picking any of the three guys after. I think if the draft falls that way, it's down to Dekker and Kaminsky. Maybe Turner as well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Regardless, this is the worst possible scenario for Detroit.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and what Stan wants, Dekker fits.

"Like everybody we want shooting," Van Gundy said. "But we've got to get better on the defensive end of the floor and I think what you're talking about is guys who can play multiple positions, which allows them to switch onto people, allows us to play different kinds of lineups, and gives us versatility. That's really big.

"We'd love to get both that kind of defensive mindset and versatility along with shooting. We'd also like to get guys who can create their own offense off the dribble some. That's a lot to ask from the eighth pick and I'm not sure you can get that complete package. But those are the two or three things that we're looking for and we hopefully can find a guy to at least help us in two of the three areas."
Dekker can shoot, he's a good defender, he's versatile on both ends as in offensively he can do a little of everything and defensively he can arguably guard three positions.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
Regardless, this is the worst possible scenario for Detroit.
It's going to take someone I mocked to Detroit or after to climb the boards for one of those top 7 to fall. Looking at it right now unless Cauley-Stein gets picked early I think those top 7 guys are set. I don't think the Pistons were ever in all that good of shape to be honest, what yall need, regardless of how the draft goes, won't be available at 8. So you have to start going down the tree, and that's where you get your guys like Dekker.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Dekker is an overrated shooter imo. Unless he's done serious work since April his jumper is broke

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
not a fan of our projection, wouldnt be super upset but it's not who i want

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dekker reminds me a lot of Singler, which makes sense why he seems to fit in Detroit

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Dekker is an overrated shooter imo. Unless he's done serious work since April his jumper is broke
he went berserk in the tourney and now everyone thinks he's an elite shooter

He's decent but nothing special. B- level shooter imo

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think he's an elite shooter, but he can do more than just spot up so that helps his cause.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's incredibly streaky. I think Dekker will be a nice role player, but nothing else.
I'd much rather take Stanley Johnson, who's at least going to be a really good defender.
Or WCS, who is the best defender in the draft. WCS might be a "luxury" pick, but it would've us from having to sign a big, so we could allocate all our funds to SF.
I know we also really like Booker.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dekker is also quite the reach IMO. Stan has said a few times BPA, and Dekker would not be BPA, even if he does fit some of the mold that Stan wants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%