No love lost between Favre and Jones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

High.Flyer88

Go yankees
Reaction score
Brett Favre refused to fire back at teammate Thomas Jones, but the Jets' quarterback seemed annoyed by the bashing that occurred in the aftermath of the season-ending loss to the Dolphins.

"I'm not going to let one or two guys ruin a career for me or the relationship I had with my teammates," Favre told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun Herald, his hometown newspaper, addressing the controversy for the first time. "If you polled my past teammates, I bet 90% would say they enjoyed playing with me. I'm not so insecure as to let the comments bother me."

Jones, along with unnamed teammates, was critical of Favre's interceptions. Some felt that, off the field, he was detached from the rest of the team.

"As far as Thomas, I have not seen the comments," said Favre, who hasn't made himself available to the New York media since the final day of the season. "To be honest, I'm not worried about the comments, either. Was Thomas backed into a corner or in a bad mood when he said those things? I don't know, but ripping Thomas is not my nature.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...rett_favre.html

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Oviously Favre isn't coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%