NHL Buy/Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

iInsulin

Reaction score
Sell, I just don't think they have what it takes. Heatley doesn't have the experience, Marleau is a playmaker, and Thornton is the worst playoff performer.

B/S: Oilers make the playoffs this year.
Sell: They have looked good this year, but lots of teams are off to slow starts. Teams like Detroit, St. Louis, Anaheim, and Vancouver aren't top 8 but 3 of them should at least finish better then the Oilers.

B/S: The Atlanta Thrashers make the playoffs

Monoxide

Reaction score
Sell: They have looked good this year, but lots of teams are off to slow starts. Teams like Detroit, St. Louis, Anaheim, and Vancouver aren't top 8 but 3 of them should at least finish better then the Oilers.

B/S: The Atlanta Thrashers make the playoffs
Buy. I could see Atlanta making the playoffs (7th or 8th seed) if Pavelic(sp) keeps playing like he wants to steal Lehtonen's job. The kid has had a tremendous start in net for the Thrashers. Kovalchuk will produce for the rest of the season like he does every season, but the main issue is goaltending, and right now it's been good. If Kovalchuk continues to put up the numbers (which he will) and the goaltending stays hot, the Thrashers shouldn't have too much trouble. I really liked how they played against Montreal tonight and the effort Armstrong put in, it was a very physical game. If they can play like that while putting up goals this season they shouldn't have too much of a problem considering the division they're in. They should be able to rack up the wins against Tampa and Florida since neither team can get their <Censored> together, and goaltending has been the issue for both of these teams. Now I don't see Atlanta advancing out of the first round, but if they keep their pedal to the grindstone they shouldn't have too much of a problem at grabbing the 8th seed.

B/S: Chicago trades for a goaltender as the season edges closer to the trade deadline.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Buy.
Since the Bulin Wall left, I just don't see them in contention without a goalie of that caliber.

B/S: 2 Oilers score over 85 points.

soty

Reaction score
B/S: Chicago trades for a goaltender as the season edges closer to the trade deadline.
Sell. Huet has too big of a contract to just eat, trade and Niemi is a young, talented goalie who is doing a nice job so far. Just my .02.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Sell. Huet has too big of a contract to just eat, trade and Niemi is a young, talented goalie who is doing a nice job so far. Just my .02.
I agree, Niemi will eventually be their new starter

soty

Reaction score
I agree, Niemi will eventually be their new starter
Yeah I think so too. Even though they are saying there is no controversy in CHI, Huet is the guy I still think in the end Niemi is going to take the job. I just traded for him in my Dynasty league so I am banking on it.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Sell, Huet will go, but not for a goalie. With kane, Toews, sharp, and kieth's contracts all ending, they will need more forwards.
B/s: The Hawks do manage to resign Kane Toews, and Sharp. <-- They will all get at least 4mil a year. Kane and Sharp much more than that

sportsguy11

Reaction score
Buy: With Montreal's goalie situation remedied, look for another deep playoff run out of the Habs.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I guess we should continue this for the upcoming season or start a new thread.

Canuck

Reaction score
Buy

B/S. Luongo redeems himself and wins the Vezina.

KrW

Reaction score
Buy

B/S Crosby scores 50 or more goals again

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sell

B/S: Hamhuis gets Norris considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%