Next season breakout players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Who do you guys see as players who are on the verge or have shown signs of just breaking out, next season?

I have a few players -

Donald Brown - RB - Indianapolis Colts
-- I loved the way that Jo Jo ran the football in the Super Bowl, but in reality, his play has slowed down since his rookie year. It's time for the hard running, tough Donald Brown to step in and get more touches for the Colts. He has the ability to grind the ball all game long, and has shown great burst through the hole leading to big runs.

Jermichael Finley - TE - Green Bay Packers -- Finley arguably played his best ball and began to breakout last season. However, I just see that continuing next season and him being a favorite target of Aaron Rodgers. He has excellent size and has very sure hands.

Arrelious Benn - WR - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
-- Tampa knew full well going into the draft they had to make sure to pick up one or two more targets for Josh Freeman this season. They selected Benn and Mike Williams (out of Syracuse). Mike Williams has received a ton of attention lately for his good work on the practice fields of Tampa -- but Benn may have a very good year. Usually WR's take a while to develop in the league, but Benn has very good football smarts and is a very physical WR comparing athletically to Anquan Boldin.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'd have Mike Williams over Benn. Benn isn't showing much so far in rookie workouts; however, Williams is lighting <Censored> up.

I know you stated that but Benn isn't going to come in and make a huge difference trying to fill Bryants' role. While Williams can do wonders over what that waste of like Michael Clayton has attempted to do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Malcom Floyd on San Diego

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Also, I know this may sound like a homer thing to say, but Aqib Talib should have a hell of a season. He may finally get the recognition he deserves as the best DB in the NFC South.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gamble > Talib.

My breakout players: Ruud will be acknowledged as a top 10 or 7 MLB. Beanie Wells will be a good back this year. matt Forte will return to being a good back. Steve Smith of the Giants will be close to a pro bowler, and Hakeem Nicks too will have a good year.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Gamble > Talib.

My breakout players: Ruud will be acknowledged as a top 10 or 7 MLB. Beanie Wells will be a good back this year. matt Forte will return to being a good back. Steve Smith of the Giants will be close to a pro bowler, and Hakeem Nicks too will have a good year.
LOL @ Gamble being better than Talib.

Ruud will have a good season now that they're back to the Tampa-2 scheme and not having a LB that's made for coverage try to fill holes.

Jim Bates was a fool.

Oiler35

Reaction score
A little guy named Anthony Gonzalez, who got hurt in Week 1 last year, and hasn't been a starter yet.

/thread.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Darren McFadden

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jahvid best and matt stafford

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't understand how rookies can be break out players..

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
my dude Dennis Dixon.

oh, and Tashard Choice, if you don't consider him "Broken Out" yet.

TTN2810

Reaction score
LOL at the Cedric Benson one. He was already one of the best RB's last year.

I' think Kevin Kolb is going to be a big surprise. Also Vince Young. A little homer, but not really. He really grew up last year, and there is no reason to believe it will stop. When he had to pass the ball he could do it well for the most part, and I think he'll have a 20 TD year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't understand how rookies can be break out players..
i was just stating that for our team, also a lot of people think best is too small to carry most of the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%