Newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaka

Reaction score
What's up people. I'm surprised this place has escaped me for as long as it has. I'll stick around.

My picture of the day:

He looks like that thing from the Goonies. Or Ogi from Family Guy. Looks painful haha.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coach of high school football eh? That's pretty cool. How did your team do?

Welcome to the site, hope you stick around. Nice picture there haha. And sig ;)

Oiler35

Reaction score
Welcome to Sportz Insomnia. As I'm reading over your favorite teams, I see you're a fellow Colts fan. What do you think about all the injuries going on?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
welcome, hope ya stick around.

Shaka

Reaction score
Coach of high school football eh? That's pretty cool. How did your team do?

Welcome to the site, hope you stick around. Nice picture there haha. And sig ;)
6-1

We're fighting for the District Title on Friday. We've got a great core of mainly underclassmen who have worked hard this year. We're excited. Either way we're headed to the playoffs.

Here's some news on us: http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/teams/east-lake-high-school/2010/football/

This site looks pretty good stuff.

Shaka

Reaction score
Welcome to Sportz Insomnia. As I'm reading over your favorite teams, I see you're a fellow Colts fan. What do you think about all the injuries going on?
I'm from Indiana so I am a big Colts fan. It's killing me to be honest. The Colts have proved year in and year out that they have the system to be able to replace players on the spot... but I am less confident they can do it at such a consistent basis like they are having to.

Bob Sanders is always hurt so we've got that on lock. Melvin's injury hurts but we haven't felt that yet and might not. Bracket is a tough loss but I was very pleased with Angerer's play. It's Dallas Clark that really makes the difference. Tamme and Santi are a huge drop off in the speed, hands and intelligence department.

What about you?

Oiler35

Reaction score
I'm from Indiana so I am a big Colts fan. It's killing me to be honest. The Colts have proved year in and year out that they have the system to be able to replace players on the spot... but I am less confident they can do it at such a consistent basis like they are having to.

Bob Sanders is always hurt so we've got that on lock. Melvin's injury hurts but we haven't felt that yet and might not. Bracket is a tough loss but I was very pleased with Angerer's play. It's Dallas Clark that really makes the difference. Tamme and Santi are a huge drop off in the speed, hands and intelligence department.

What about you?
Absolutely agree with you. The Colts proved that Bethea could replace Sanders throughout the years (considering he's missed more than he's played), but the injuries to backup players like Bullitt hurt, and players like Collie, Garcon, and Gonzaelz are needed when Wayne is often being double covered, and we truly lack a running game (although we looked somewhat two-dimensional last Sunday against a weak Kansas City run defense)

With such a special player like Peyton Manning at quarterback, who can make PRACTICE SQUAD players such as Blair White look pretty good, I don't think all the injuries on offense will be such an impact on the Colts, but the defensive struggles may continue, or even worsen with all the injuries.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
6-1

We're fighting for the District Title on Friday. We've got a great core of mainly underclassmen who have worked hard this year. We're excited. Either way we're headed to the playoffs.

Here's some news on us: http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/teams/east-lake-high-school/2010/football/

This site looks pretty good stuff.
Nice, well good luck to your team man. Must be cool to coach a team to playoffs.

Shaka

Reaction score
Absolutely agree with you. The Colts proved that Bethea could replace Sanders throughout the years (considering he's missed more than he's played), but the injuries to backup players like Bullitt hurt, and players like Collie, Garcon, and Gonzaelz are needed when Wayne is often being double covered, and we truly lack a running game (although we looked somewhat two-dimensional last Sunday against a weak Kansas City run defense)

With such a special player like Peyton Manning at quarterback, who can make PRACTICE SQUAD players such as Blair White look pretty good, I don't think all the injuries on offense will be such an impact on the Colts, but the defensive struggles may continue, or even worsen with all the injuries.
Wow. I forgot to even mention the Receiver problems we have. Touche.

With Collie out(Who's made Gonzo a bust so far), that's not going to help matters. You're right that Peyton is a special player and he can make things happen with nobody. Dominic Rhodes, Crophonso Thorpe and Aaron Moorehead once haha. I just don't know how long he can do it and he's never really had to deal without his checkdown(Clark).

As for the Defense... I just hope they're ready for the playoffs.They might give up 200 rushing yards in a game during the season but I honestly believe they are a bend but don't break defense who turns it on and off according to what the offense is doing. They've shown some hefty biceps the past few post-seasons and with a healthy lineup then... I'm not worried. We can box with anyone, especially these "Power" teams like the Jets, Ravens, Steelers.

It's all about getting the W's leading up to week 15 to allow for the rest of our players again. I use to hate that method but it seems to work.

Reaction score

What about you?
Angerer has loads of potential, but he needs to work on his coverage he looked terrible in coverage vs the Skins.

Shaka

Reaction score
Nice, well good luck to your team man. Must be cool to coach a team to playoffs.
Thanks man. I'll update what happens Friday.

Also...I might as well go into detail what I mean about the "Heavily talented" region here in Tampa when it comes to Football. It's no joke.

I played high school ball against Dexter McCulster. That was a son of a bee haha. Before him was Noel Devine and Browns Linebacker Dequel Jackson. I' have to deal with James Wilder Jr. and Plant this year in the post-season as a coach. There are other names you've never heard of like Adrian Golden and Tyler Moore that you will hear about in the future. The Tampa and Orlando regions are stacked full of talent and unfortunately... a lot of kids don't even make it to the field because grades and gangs. Example: Lakewood is a breeding ground of "Special" talent lol but they can't keep them out of trouble to get them out of there. Sad.

I'll argue that Mid and Lower-Florida are the powerhouses in HS Football.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Wow. I forgot to even mention the Receiver problems we have. Touche.

With Collie out(Who's made Gonzo a bust so far), that's not going to help matters. You're right that Peyton is a special player and he can make things happen with nobody. Dominic Rhodes, Crophonso Thorpe and Aaron Moorehead once haha. I just don't know how long he can do it and he's never really had to deal without his checkdown(Clark).

As for the Defense... I just hope they're ready for the playoffs.They might give up 200 rushing yards in a game during the season but I honestly believe they are a bend but don't break defense who turns it on and off according to what the offense is doing. They've shown some hefty biceps the past few post-seasons and with a healthy lineup then... I'm not worried. We can box with anyone, especially these "Power" teams like the Jets, Ravens, Steelers.

It's all about getting the W's leading up to week 15 to allow for the rest of our players again. I use to hate that method but it seems to work.
Being an Ohio State football fan, I had the pleasure of watching Anthony Gonzalez. May I just say that if he gets a chance to prove himself, I believe he could show his true talents. He has great hands, mediocre speed, and is a pretty good route runner. Sure, he is really injury prone, but I think if he could get healthy enough to prove what he's got Sunday night, we could see the true Gonzalez.

And I think Peyton has proven he could do this long enough, but I really agree on what you said about him never really having to deal with Clark being hurt (minus a short stretch in 2007 or 2008, correct me if I'm wrong)

As for our defense, holy crap. We've been okay so far, ranked 16th in total points against, but we really need to step it up a bit. I mean, giving up an average of 137 rushing yards per game in unacceptable. With versatile and speedy backs such as Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Chris Johnson, and Maurice Jones-Drew still to be on the other side of the ball later in the year, we better be able to fill the gaps, or we'll be on the wrong side of the scoreboard.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds pretty intense compared to high school football in Michigan. I wish I was part of such a rich tradition like that.

Shaka

Reaction score
Being an Ohio State football fan, I had the pleasure of watching Anthony Gonzalez. May I just say that if he gets a chance to prove himself, I believe he could show his true talents. He has great hands, mediocre speed, and is a pretty good route runner. Sure, he is really injury prone, but I think if he could get healthy enough to prove what he's got Sunday night, we could see the true Gonzalez.

And I think Peyton has proven he could do this long enough, but I really agree on what you said about him never really having to deal with Clark being hurt (minus a short stretch in 2007 or 2008, correct me if I'm wrong)

As for our defense, holy crap. We've been okay so far, ranked 16th in total points against, but we really need to step it up a bit. I mean, giving up an average of 137 rushing yards per game in unacceptable. With versatile and speedy backs such as Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Chris Johnson, and Maurice Jones-Drew still to be on the other side of the ball later in the year, we better be able to fill the gaps, or we'll be on the wrong side of the scoreboard.
Touche on Gonzo. I was loving that pick but his injuries have me second guessing. I pray that he can get healthy enough to be another target for us.

As for the defense, we will get there. Don't forget that we gave up nearly 175 yards on the ground a game during our Superbowl run. When we needed stops, we got them. Once the playoffs came around... We shut down the best running team in the league in Kansas City and then Baltimore. Last season we had to shut down Baltimore and New York. We've played good football when it counts. I truly believe we play according to our offense. It's unacceptable if I were coaching.. but it's the atmosphere in Indiana. Play to let the Offense win.

To be honest... I think we held our own against the Saints pretty well also last season. Drew finished the game with a disgusting completion percentage... but prior to their touchdown and then the eventual pick six by Indy grad Terry Porter(Represent)... They weren't successful inside the 20. They were kicking field goals to stay in the game.

I'd take the way we played in the Superbowl again if I had to re-do it. We were one less interception away from pretty much stopping the Saints. They scored with 5 minutes left to make it a game. Otherwise... our defensive game plan was working.

I'm confident in our defense. I really am.

Reaction score
Touche on Gonzo. I was loving that pick but his injuries have me second guessing. I pray that he can get healthy enough to be another target for us.

As for the defense, we will get there. Don't forget that we gave up nearly 175 yards on the ground a game during our Superbowl run. When we needed stops, we got them. Once the playoffs came around... We shut down the best running team in the league in Kansas City and then Baltimore. Last season we had to shut down Baltimore and New York. We've played good football when it counts. I truly believe we play according to our offense. It's unacceptable if I were coaching.. but it's the atmosphere in Indiana. Play to let the Offense win.

To be honest... I think we held our own against the Saints pretty well also last season. Drew finished the game with a disgusting completion percentage... but prior to their touchdown and then the eventual pick six by Indy grad Terry Porter(Represent)... They weren't successful inside the 20. They were kicking field goals to stay in the game.

I'd take the way we played in the Superbowl again if I had to re-do it. We were one less interception away from pretty much stopping the Saints. They scored with 5 minutes left to make it a game. Otherwise... our defensive game plan was working.

Tracy Porter not Terry.

Oiler35

Reaction score

He expects to play on Sunday. "I saw that little report. I have no idea what that is. No tweaking, nothing. I have no idea where that came from," Gonzalez said.- CBS Sports.

So that covers one of the thirteen injuries we has going into this week.

But I strongly agree about what you said about our defense. They can come up in big situations. Look at the Patriots game last year, when Bullitt came up with the biggest stop I've seen in a long time. They certainly know when they need to step it up, and now is one of those times.

And don't even get me started on last year's Superbowl. That was a <Censored>ing disgrace of a route by Wayne that lead to Porter's interception. I get extremely frustrated watching that play every time I see it, knowing he gave up half way.

Reaction score
I really don't feel that bad we lost that Super Bowl as I did earlier. I still remember 3-13 and 6-10 so it's nice to know we have come a long way.

Shaka

Reaction score
Tracy Porter not Terry.
Haha. Forgive me. I'm in a Retro-NBA Sim League and Terry Porter is a Point Guard haha.

He expects to play on Sunday. "I saw that little report. I have no idea what that is. No tweaking, nothing. I have no idea where that came from," Gonzalez said.- CBS Sports.

So that covers one of the thirteen injuries we has going into this week.

But I strongly agree about what you said about our defense. They can come up in big situations. Look at the Patriots game last year, when Bullitt came up with the biggest stop I've seen in a long time. They certainly know when they need to step it up, and now is one of those times.

And don't even get me started on last year's Superbowl. That was a <Censored>ing disgrace of a route by Wayne that lead to Porter's interception. I get extremely frustrated watching that play every time I see it, knowing he gave up half way.
I get irritated when people blame Peyton for choking. True minds of the sport understand the term "Go get the football". Wayne was lazy and Porter went and got the football. It was a great play on Porter's behalf not a choke by Manning.

I really don't feel that bad we lost that Super Bowl as I did earlier. I still remember 3-13 and 6-10 so it's nice to know we have come a long way.
Agreed. Losing the Superbowl is honorable. We have built a dynasty that will rival the greatest teams of all time. We've won more games in a decade than any team. We've come a long way since the Jeff George and Jim Harbaugh days.

In fact... This season we've already passed our points scored total of the 1991 season lol.

Reaction score
Agreed. Losing the Superbowl is honorable. We have built a dynasty that will rival the greatest teams of all time. We've won more games in a decade than any team. We've come a long way since the Jeff George and Jim Harbaugh days.

In fact... This season we've already passed our points scored total of the 1991 season lol.
One game short of the Super Bowl in 95 though, if only Aaron Bailey caught that pass or Coryatt caught that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%