New to SI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogphins

Reaction score
Hey all

Sean is my name. A friend of Albino, who joined a few weeks ago.

I joined last week but haven't till now put up a "hello" post.

32 years old from Melbourne, Australia

My username is Dogphins and no it's not a spelling mistake. The name represents the two teams in the world which I love the most:

The Western Bulldogs (an Aussie Rules team, which I've followed since being born)
Miami Dolphins (I'm a mad NFL fan, been following the sport since around 1991 and began following the 'Phins after watching them on TV).

So the username is: BULLDOGS DOLPHINS

I use another sports forums which has an affiliation with SI, mainly for my huge Madden franchise. I am wanting to put it on here, but so far there hasn't been many people that interested.

Apart from all that, I have a wonderful partner of 2 years named Kelsey and her awesome 5 kids. I write music reviews (metal) for two websites (not sure if I can name them or not, if you want to know, please ask me). I have been writing reviews for almost 3 years.

Thats about it...

GO DOLPHINS!
GO DOGS!

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SNOWY HAS A FRIEND!!!

Welcome to the boards doggie. Hope you decide to stick around

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Welcome to the site dude

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Welcome to SI man, I hope you stick around.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol you and snowy will get along well.

Great to have you, stick around and welcome!

Dogphins

Reaction score
Welcome to SI man, I hope you stick around.
Thanks to all who replied.

Sheed, you are the one who I need to see. Cos you run the Madden NFL section, if I am to put up my big franchise here, I'll need someone to give me my own thread inside the Madden NFL and be able to control it myself. At the other website, I am dedicated my own section where I'm free to make as many new threads as I need to support the franchise. Not sure if that can be done here, but I'm just asking the question.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied.

Sheed, you are the one who I need to see. Cos you run the Madden NFL section, if I am to put up my big franchise here, I'll need someone to give me my own thread inside the Madden NFL and be able to control it myself. At the other website, I am dedicated my own section where I'm free to make as many new threads as I need to support the franchise. Not sure if that can be done here, but I'm just asking the question.
Why would you need a Mod to start your Madden Franchise Thread? We have regular members that are already doing it.

Dogphins

Reaction score
Why would you need a Mod to start your Madden Franchise Thread? We have regular members that are already doing it.
I understand that, but on the other website, I have my own section where I can create as many threads as I need to, instead of doing it on just the one.
I have over 10 seperate threads within the one section dedecated to my franchise.

e.g

Sports Insomnia > Gaming > Football > Madden NFL > My franchise (this wouldn't work as I have so much going on, none of it could fill in just the one thread, it would be very messy)

This way would be perfect:

Sports Insomnia > Gaming > Football > Madden NFL > Franchises > "My Franchise" (that way I could have my own section to create and edit my franchise)

I hope I'm making sense...

...I'll just say that my franchise doesn't revolve around 1 team, or 2

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I understand that, but on the other website, I have my own section where I can create as many threads as I need to, instead of doing it on just the one.
I have over 10 seperate threads within the one section dedecated to my franchise.

e.g

Sports Insomnia > Gaming > Football > Madden NFL > My franchise (this wouldn't work as I have so much going on, none of it could fill in just the one thread, it would be very messy)

This way would be perfect:

Sports Insomnia > Gaming > Football > Madden NFL > Franchises > "My Franchise" (that way I could have my own section to create and edit my franchise)

I hope I'm making sense...

...I'll just say that my franchise doesn't revolve around 1 team, or 2
You've been a member for 6 days...your not going to get your own section. I can tell you that we wouldn't give a 3 year member their own section.

Your just going to have to create yourself a thread and keep it updated when you have updates to post.

Dogphins

Reaction score
You've been a member for 6 days...your not going to get your own section. I can tell you that we wouldn't give a 3 year member their own section.

Your just going to have to create yourself a thread and keep it updated when you have updates to post.
OK, thats fair enough. At the other website I was given my own section pretty much after I joined, but I guess every website is different.

I'll just have to make do

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OK, thats fair enough. At the other website I was given my own section pretty much after I joined, but I guess every website is different.

I'll just have to make do
Its nothing personal...just something we don't do. We have a bunch of members that have franchises, in several games, and each has an ongoing thread they constantly update. Much of the community here likes to follow those franchises and will let you know inside such thread.

The point is really...you don't need your own individual sub-forum in order to advertise a franchise. Members will follow a thread as long as it is kept up to date and interesting.q

Dogphins

Reaction score
Well the Franchise is up and running under the Madden NFL section of the forum, called "Dogphins' Massive Madden Franchise".

No one has responded yet, but there have been a few views...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%