New Direction at Sportz Insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiler35

Reaction score
I'm legitimately leaving SI if this happens.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People who are saying they are going to leave are being immature and need to stop whining.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People only have a bad history because they take him at face value and get angered by his comments. He means very little by them, but since people take him so seriously, it gets out of hand fast.

I think this is a great move. A change can really help a forum if it people take it with the past behind them and look at what they future was. Jarrod isn't trying to low ball you, he's doing it legitimately because the site needs someone with dedication.
A potential admin shouldn't be like that, doesn't matter, people can't tell how serious someone is being because we're reading it, not hearing it.

Marcum28

Reaction score
People who are saying they are going to leave are being immature and need to stop whining.
Quoted for Truth.

A potential admin shouldn't be like that, doesn't matter, people can't tell how serious someone is being because we're reading it, not hearing it.
Power changes people, and after talking with Yanks, I think it'll change him for the better.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
We just all need to respect Jarrod's decision, I know how much this place means to him and I'm sure he wouldn't hand it over to somebody had he thought SI would go down the drains, if this is true which is surely sounds like it is then people need to respect Jarrod's decision and give Yanks a chance at least. I'm not telling people what to do though by any means, that's up to each individual. If your that loyal to SI and like talking to the SI family you'll stay, if not I'm sure there's another forum you can find. Hope everybody decides to stay though because I enjoy talking to everyone here!

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
the second a chatbox comes up i'm peacin, haha.

nah just kiddin. I've never been the one to get along with Yanks but I'll give him my full support of this change in ownership. If you need any help with anything, just let me know.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I dont get why everyone is getting all mad and crap about it. Yanks has been a pretty cool guy to me since ive been here. Give him a chance people. Hey you never know he may be a better owner.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I understand its hard to replace J, incredibly hard.

But I've been on sites where the guy people don't like will buy the site to keep it from closing, and suddenly he changes completely and gets along with everyone. So at the very least, lets give the man a chance.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the reason a lot of us are mad is because we have so many members who can step up other then Eric.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For those who don't know, I have been asking some if they would be interested in buying me out as co-owner of the site.
Okay...now that we see that rip, AE,pugz, greg werent asked who the <Censored> did you ask?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
exactly. we have a ton of dedicated members who could have taken over, and the money thing could have been covered by myself, AE, or Greg.

i would have loved to see AE take J's spot, he would do the best if anyone was indeed taking over.

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
This whole thing just sounds so incredibly stupid.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Okay...now that we see that rip, AE,pugz, greg werent asked who the <Censored> did you ask?
all that I know, I was having a discussion about 2 weeks ago with a friend of mine who owns another forum and he mentioned to me "I almost ended up buying SI at one point."

at the time I thought he was bsing, but maybe he was one of the guys who was in the bidding. Maybe J was asking guys he knew had a history in running forums, idk...

i agree it seems weird, and seeing as he did not ask any of the guys here like AE, rip, etc, i still don't believe this is the truth. I think he's trying to pull some like 3-day april fools prank.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Si would never be outsourced, if sold its being sold to a member.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
im just putting it out there as to what I heard from the guy, because TYO basically was saying who the hell else was a possible buyer.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are we ready to see what the future of SI is going to be...or are we just going to continue this useless <Censored>ing and complaining about who is going to buy the site and take over?

Regardless of if this is a joke or not, everybody has overreacted to the news. So far there has been no indication that anything is going to change besides the ownership and, possibly, staff. So why's everyone's panties in a bunch? Cause you don't get along with the guy? So what. You going to complain every time you don't like your boss?

Him being the owner has nothing to do with whether or not you like him. It has nothing to do with him personally. The only reason any of you should throw this sort of hissy is if he was making some sort of dramatic and detrimental change to the board.

As far as I see, that's not the case. So why don't we all just shut it for now and see how this unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%