NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath

Reaction score
A bit ironic considering he is going to be a future NBA all-star. With Noel's knee getting blown out and tournament right around the corner. Plenty of time for Oladipo to further make his case. I'm not buying the no chance statement. There is no player in college basketball as athletic and relentless as this kid.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MSU is ranked 4th? Where have I been? And it seems like Appling has been on MSU for the last decade.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A bit ironic considering he is going to be a future NBA all-star. With Noel's knee getting blown out and tournament right around the corner. Plenty of time for Oladipo to further make his case. I'm not buying the no chance statement. There is no player in college basketball as athletic and relentless as this kid.
hes not going #1, take the homer glasses off. hes probably 5-8

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oladipo is one of the few players in the draft with actual star potential.

Sabbath

Reaction score
hes not going #1, take the homer glasses off. hes probably 5-8
Right now. what if he terrorizes in the NCAA tournament?

Let's not forget he started this year as a possible 2nd rounder and just keeps getting better and better. This kid is the real deal. He'll have a better career than Cody and probably anyone drafted before him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im not doubting that. i just dont see him getting drafted higher than 5. cody isnt going to have a star studded career, so thats not saying much. hes going to be a serviceable big but i dont expect much else.

i really hope dipo is still on the boards when detroit drafts.

Sabbath

Reaction score
im not doubting that. i just dont see him getting drafted higher than 5. cody isnt going to have a star studded career, so thats not saying much. hes going to be a serviceable big but i dont expect much else.

i really hope dipo is still on the boards when detroit drafts.
Well, obviously there's a lot that goes into who gets picked 1, but all I'm saying is I see Oladipo play and see flashes of an MJ-Dwyane Wade-esque type player every game.

As for Cody, his passing ability and floor movement make him a unique center. It really is hard to project centers. You have your Robert Swift's and Kwame Brown's and then you have your Shaq and David Robinson's. Zeller definitely falls in-between those categories but Tyler Zeller is doing pretty well and Cody is probably better than Tyler right now. Imagine when he fils out a bit more, but I think Cody has a chance at staying because I think he has to wait until junior year to graduate, which would benefit him tremendoulsy in his NBA career and life in general.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FWIW I'd be thrilled with Oladipo. I'm really high in him.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michigan really lost to Penn State though...

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really really really want Otto Porter on the Hornets...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd probably go with McLemore just because he's had less of a chance to develop at the college level. This day and age it's hard to justify taking a junior/senior because all of the underclassmen in the draft haven't had nearly as much time to develop their game, when you expect their growth to be significant as well.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was unaware OSU had a bye and the #2 seed in the Big 10 tourney. Weird

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michigan is the most exciting team in the B1G, and Wisconsin is making this game unwatchable

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adidas is the worst. Everything they make for college teams looks atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%