NCAA Basketball Fans

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
UNC is not going to win it next year, lmao...

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Although Duke has a good class coming in, that Nolan Smith and Singler, they looked pretty good at the McDonalds game. I think Duke will do better then last year, but won't contend for a title at all, way to young of a team for that, unless Paulus really steps up and puts the team on his back.

Although McRoberts was a dumbass for going to the draft, he could have improved his stock with another year. Still not ready in my opinion. Only problem for Duke is I don't think they have that one player who is there at the end of the games to take that last shot like Redick provided.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Niether Duke or Carolina will win, everyone forgets about UCLA, who has the best PG in the country in Darren Collison, one of the better Forwards in the country in Mbah a Moute, Josh Shipp and the top center recriut in the country in Kevin Love. but dont sleep on Memphis either they are bringing back all their starters and not to mention Derrick Rose...

werebarret

Reaction score
None of that matters, because no one can guard Mike Beasley, Bill Walker, and David Hoskins at the same time.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
None of that matters, because no one can guard Mike Beasley, Bill Walker, and David Hoskins at the same time.

but that doesnt matter b/c they have no caoch.

werebarret

Reaction score
Dude, I could coach the Kansas State wildcats to 25 wins this upcoming year.

Besides, it's not like Frank Martin's a horrible coach. He's been an assistant coch at the college level for 6-7.

Everybody's an assistant sometime.

werebarret

Reaction score

Besides, it's not like Frank Martin's a horrible coach. He's been an assistant coch at the college level for 6-7.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Wait, so UNC, a team who lost three of their top 9 players, is better than a Duke team who was a piece or two from contending last season and had the best recruiting class in the conference? I don't understand that.

People forget, Paulus, who in my opinion is our best player, played the ENTIRE season on a broken foot. Pocius suffered injuries the entire season as well...

Sure, UNC has depth. They could go 12 deep last year. But not they run 9 deep. Duke, who added plenty of pieces in the offseason, can go 11 deep. Whether Krzyzewski will play 11 guys remains to be seen.

I don't know why people think we're going to miss McRoberts, because we're not whatsoever. He was an underachiever. He lacked aggresiveness. His body language was negative. We don't need that...

werebarret

Reaction score
Possibly because Duke sucked last year?

Unc lost Wright, who will be replaced by Deon Thompson.

No big loss there.

The rest of the team's nucleus (Lawson, Ellington, HAnsbourough) remains intact.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

k. State will not win 25 games, it would be a stretch to say that even if Huggins was still there

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They also lost Reyshawn Terry and Wes Miller, their too best outside shooters.

Duke lost Josh McRoberts, which alone is a gain. Then we got Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, and Taylor King. We had the best recruiting class in the conference, we'll be healthy by the start of the season, and we'll be championship contenders...

werebarret

Reaction score
k. State will not win 25 games, it would be a stretch to say that even if Huggins was still there
Wanna place a bet?

Bill Walker- Ownage
Mike Beasley- Ownage
David Hoskins- One of the otughest matchups in the Big XII, if not the nation.
Clent Stewart- Solid senior guard, nice outside touch
Blake Young- Offensive spark, one of the top JuCo guards.
Luis Colon- Quickly improving big man, will start at center.
Dominique Sutton- Another top 100 recuruit, will man the 2.

K-State will win the Big XII.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Duke lost Josh McRoberts, which alone is a gain. Then we got Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, and Taylor King. We had the best recruiting class in the conference, we'll be healthy by the start of the season, and we'll be championship contenders...

Duke will be alot better this season, but championship? I doubt it, I'll say elite 8 without a doubt...but thats only if Coach K actually plays his freshmen ALOT!

werebarret

Reaction score

Duke has had far better teams that didn't win itall.

What seperates this team from them?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wanna place a bet?

Bill Walker- Ownage
Mike Beasley- Ownage
David Hoskins- One of the otughest matchups in the Big XII, if not the nation.
Clent Stewart- Solid senior guard, nice outside touch
Blake Young- Offensive spark, one of the top JuCo guards.
Luis Colon- Quickly improving big man, will start at center.
Dominique Sutton- Another top 100 recuruit, will man the 2.

K-State will win the Big XII.
I'll bet you.......you guys have .......
Walker, who isnt sold on returning (check ESPN)
Beasley who I must admit is a Monster
And Hoskins who is gonna be their #1 guy.
but nothing else, and the Big 12 isnt very strong and I doubt your gonna beat out Kansas for the title...

werebarret

Reaction score
I'll bet you.
you guys have Walker, who isnt sold on returning, Beasley who I must admit is a Monster, and Hoskins who is gonna be theit #1 guy. but nothing else, and the Big 12 isnt very strong and I doubt your gonna beat out Kansas for the title...
>_>
Bill Walker isn't sold on coming back?

He blew out his knee last year, and even if he hadn't the NBA said that they wouldn't have let him in.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
>_>
Bill Walker isn't sold on coming back?

He blew out his knee last year, and even if he hadn't the NBA said that they wouldn't have let him in.

They said since Huggins left he's thinking about transfering to WVU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%