NBA Summer League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/video/games/mavericks/2...0008_recap.nba/

there's some of the footage from the game. TrueHoop even commented on it.

On a day when the Mavs inked future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd to a three-year deal, the best point guard in Las Vegas was Dallas rookie Roddy Beaubois. He dazzled, scoring 34 points on 12-21 shooting from the field (7-12 from 3-point range), recorded eight assists against only two turnovers. Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle: "He brings us a different dimension. We don't have this kind of angular speed, or supreme-type athlete at the point guard position right now. So he gives us a different look." Carlisle was cautious in his praise. It's only Beaubois' second NBA game, and he still has to learn how to play an NBA brand of defense. "When you come from a mid-league in Europe to the NBA, you have to ratchet up your level of awareness."

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tyreke Evans! <3

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder when maple is getting a beaubois sig? I know its coming soon. This is the most hyped I've seen him about a mavs player in awhile.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol i might, we play today at 5, <Censored>ty timeslot, I'll have to eat dinner. Our SL team is terrible compared to the last few years when we've been one of the best. This year we only have 2 people who have a shot of being part of the future in Beaubois and Nivins.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13292

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brandon shot bad yesterday but got 23 and 5. Jodie dropped 16 as well. I think Dejaun and Jodie are the steals of the draft. I could definetly see both being productive in the future.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IF Dejuan can stay healthy. IF.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Greg Im definetly watching the kings vs bucks game today.Young Money Jennings and Reke Havoc on the same court its bound to be exciting.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brandon Jennings made 3 shots in a row and acted like he just won a game in the finals. Then his coach took him out. He is cocky and doesn't think before he does anything.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd be cocky too if I were in the league. All the greats are cocky like kobe,bron,mj,magic,larry. Im not saying he will ever be in their league because he wont. But Im just saying a huge amount of the stars are cocky.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Show boating and gloating around because you made a few shots in the Summer League.. He has no brain, and doesn't think about anything. It's already been shown by stuff he has said before he even started playing in the summer league.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What time is the game today Young?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
when it rains it pours.

Same day we lose Gortat, Beaubois went down, granted it looks like just a sprained ankle and worse case he's out for rest of summer league

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeremy Pargo is on the Pistons team today. I called that one a while ago lol.

For Detroit we get to pick from Pargo, Owens, and Singletary for the #3 PG.
I hope we go Pargo, since he went to school with Daye.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im watching this kings game and I believe that no point guard in the league will be able to hold tyreke. He's too strong and has handles out of the world and can post up any pg easily.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brandon is dropping dimes right now. Amir is actually looking nice.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amir was never a bad player, just never got playing time. I will miss that dude.

In other news, Pistons are getting slapped. But Jerebko having a nice game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%