NBA Players Can't Believe the Comparisons Jalen Rose Made During 2015 NBA Draft

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

NBA Players Can't Believe the Comparisons Jalen Rose Made During 2015 NBA Draft

Jalen Rose is struggling out there.

I don't know if the loss of wingman Bill Simmons has left him in a state of semiconsciousness or if he's just Jalen-ing at an all-time level, but the ESPN hoops personality seems even more unprepared than usual when summing up this year's shipment of college talent.

So far, Rose has compared Arizona's Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (explosive swingman) to Josh Smith (three-chucking glue stick) and UNLV's Rashad Vaughn (6'6", decent shooter) to Dion Waiters (Dion Waiters).

I'll put it this way: Early in the night, he and the panel brought up D'Angelo Russell in the same breath as Magic Johnson. I know.

It came to the point where onlookers—professional ballplayers included—were openly wondering just what in the hell Rose was talking about with his questionable comparisons.

Dirk Nowitzki ✔ @swish41

Best part of the draft is jalen's comparisons....

10:08 PM - 25 Jun 2015

JARRETT JACK ✔ @Jarrettjack03

I'm gonna have to talk to @JalenRose about some of these player comparisons

10:07 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Kendall Marshall ✔ @KButter5

it's OK to have player comparisons like Scalabrine, me, etc. not everybody needs an all star comparison. lls

10:47 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Kelly Dwyer ✔ @KDonhoops

Jalen Rose's Comparison Chart: Lefties = Older lefties White dudes = Older white dudes Guys named Tyler = Other Tylers Pizza = Pizza pies

10:16 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Bryan Bacni @BryanBacni

Jalen Rose is absolutely incapable of doing a player comparison of different races

9:40 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Randy Gyorko @GooseGyorko

Pretty clear Jalen Rose watches zero CBB right? You can basically assume Bilas is flabbergasted with each comparison.

9:47 PM - 25 Jun 2015'

Ben Gulker @brgulker

Jalen Rose just compared Hollis-Jefferson to Josh Smith. Is there a more damning comparison possible? Honest question.

10:15 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Peter Edmiston @peteredmiston

Jalen Rose: "My comparison for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson...he's lefty, plays the game hard, how about CUTTINO MOBLEY"

10:14 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Dan Carson @DrCarson73

“Now I’m not saying’ D’Angelo Russell is Jesus Christ of Nazareth BUT…"

7:49 PM - 25 Jun 2015

CJ Sullivan @CJSullivan_

Jalen Rose's player comparison for Sam Dekker was Jimmy Chitwood from the movie "Hoosiers".

10:22 PM - 25 Jun 2015

アンドリック @LCAndric

"Andric Booker's player comparison is a Draymond Green/Kenneth Faried combo with a Ty Lawson build." - Jalen Rose

10:51 PM - 25 Jun 2015

Jalen Rose: good NBA man, occasionally watches college ball.

Dan is on Twitter. He sees a lot of Russell Wilson in D'Angelo Russell because Russes gonna Russ.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Jesus of Nazareth one > hahahaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%