NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brawl at Worlds!

ATHENS, Greece -- The Acropolis basketball tournament finished in a brawl when the last game between Serbia and Greece was abandoned Thursday in the closing minutes after a fight broke out and the benches cleared.

The chaos stunned a crowd of about 5,000 at the Athens Olympic Arena, as players from the two teams exchanged punches and kicks. A few spectators entered the fray and were quickly shoved out of the arena. Greece was leading 74-73 when the match was abandoned.

Both teams qualified for the world championships in Turkey beginning Aug. 28.

The trouble began when Greek forward Antonis Fotsis had moved threateningly toward Serb guard Milos Teodosic after a hard foul, and Nenad Krstic appeared to grab Fotsis by the throat.

Krstic then threw a chair at Greek center Sofoklis Schortsanitis, who was pursuing him, and it hit Greek center Yannis Bouroussis in the head. Blood trickled from his wound.

The players exited toward the locker rooms and fought in the tunnel leading from the arena before eventually being separated. The fighting happened about six minutes after Serb coach Dusan Ivkovic was ejected with two technical fouls for arguing heatedly with a referee.

Earlier Thursday, veteran guard Jaka Lakovic scored 19 points to lead Slovenia (1-2) to its first victory, 86-71 over Canada. Guard Jevohn Shepherd was Canada's top scorer with 13.

Slovenia's lead topped 20 points several times, and the Canadians -- surprise 62-58 winners over Serbia on Wednesday -- could close within only 13 in the final period.
Man I wanna see a clip of this. Not sure where to post this, so I just put it here.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dontegreeneCOS

Yall not gonna believe who I just saw in owings mills @subway.....kwame brown!! Lmao I didn't kno he was still alive! Lmao

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ron Artest switching his number to 15.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Again this is one more indication the Bobcats will eventually waive Erick Dampier's contract to off-load about $13 million in salary responsibility. Sorry if that ticks some of you off (I know you want Dampier to be a trade chip), and they certainly gave up an asset in Tyson Chandler.
Pistons need to jump on him if they do indeed waive him.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Enjoy:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXRS5QJRA9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXRS5QJRA9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No he's biased for thinking they'll cake walk to it.
why is that biased?

the west sucks

or at least the Lakers' biggest competition isnt really much competition...

I mean seriously
Dallas? they never face the Lakers anyways. THey're not better than the Lakers.

San Antonio is simply not good enough to dethrone the Lakers

Houston? we'll see how healthy Yao is. I'm fine with Scola guarding Pau and KMart on Kobe though. all good. go ahead and keep Battier on Kobe and put Kmart on Artest's huge ass. fine

New Orleans? no
Phoenix? lol

portland has a shot if they're healthy, but that is such a huge if. they arent better than the Lakers anwyays. they've always been overrated to begin with

OKC was so lucky last year. too small right now to beat the lakers anyways

who's left?
Denver is dead
and the rest dont matter

you just have to remember. the Lakers are really really really good. REALLY REALLY good, and they got better.
for any team to beat them in the west is going to have to be really really good, and none of those teams are

only teams who can beat the lakers are the heat and celtics

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks sign Etan Thomas
LAL D.Carricter switching to #45

Mauersota

Reaction score
I remember when Etan Thomas was the cool guy with dreads on the Wizards. Now he just sucks.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carney signs with the Warriors
Shakur signs with the Hornets

and the Bulls talking about sending Noah to Denver in a deal to bring Anthony to Chi-town.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's obvious Brian Scalabrine is the pickup of the off-season. Jackie Moon will push Benny the Bull for the #1 team mascot role.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL I can't believe this guy is actually on the Bulls. I could never take him serious in Boston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TN80fV5o3U
Dude is funny as hell haha. Can't believe he is still around in the league to be honest lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%