NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Word is Knicks and Raymond Felton have reached a deal, not a fan of his game at all. Not the point guard we needed, and not muc of an improvemnent over Douglas.
i think felton is a damn good point. solid pick up for you guys, but im not all up on everything like you so i could be wrong.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's solid, but he's more of a scorer then playmaker, doesnt have the skills of a CP3 or Nash when it comes to setting other teammates up at least thats how it was here in Charlotte.

Hopefully its a low money deal, he's really no more then a 5 million player IMO

But Ive been wrong before when it comes to front office decisions, hopefully this is a time Im wrong again.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
agreed on the money, maybe a 5.5mill deal that goes up 8% a year. i like him though, i think hell be a fine setup man. he can drive and hit the three, he has a decent eye. really good for you in my eyes. but you know the knicks and bocats so.. lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he is going to be getting a lot more then 5 million. I'd have to say 8-9 million to be honest.. Look at some of the deals that have been floating around.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im sure we threw alot more at him then his worth, but hopefully Donnie tries to hold on to some of this excess CAP space we have and works with it the best way possible.

No need to spend it on the rest of this FA class

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he is going to be getting a lot more then 5 million. I'd have to say 8-9 million to be honest.. Look at some of the deals that have been floating around.
but what hes worth, is like 5.8/6.2mill a year. this free agency has been full of top players getting smaller contracts and solid players getting overpaid. lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well the Cavs just got a 16 million dollar trade exception from the Heat.. Maybe we'll use it to try and get Al Jefferson. I'm not a huge fan of his but we need more scoring now..

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Well the Cavs just got a 16 million dollar trade exception from the Heat.. Maybe we'll use it to try and get Al Jefferson. I'm not a huge fan of his but we need more scoring now..
Who all is on the market?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we should do like Amare said and go after Ridnour, his ability to knock down the 3 is essential since the only other 3pt threat we have is Gallo.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
now if the cavs can get aljeff i like their chances to stay in the hunt, but thats not a championship team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They need a great defender in Cleveland. Doesn't even have to be a great player, just some Bruce Bowen-esque kind of guy. Somebody like Tony Allen or Matt Barnes. They really don't have any good defenders on the team besides maybe Varejao.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The New York Knicks' consolation prize after missing out on LeBron James will be point guard Raymond Felton.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Charlotte Bobcats' unrestricted free agent reached an agreement in principle Friday on the broad parameters of a contract.

The length of the deal has not yet been agreed upon, but Felton will earn a starting salary in the $7 million range.

Felton was widely considered the top free-agent point guard available in this summer's superstar-laden market. One of the other top free-agent playmakers, Steve Blake, came off the market earlier this week when he agreed to a four-year, $16 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Bobcats selected Felton fifth overall in the 2005 NBA draft, and he has career averages of 13.3 points, 6.4 assists and 1.4 steals per game. He's proved to be durable, appearing in at least 78 games in each of his five seasons as Charlotte's starting point guard, and should bring stability to the Knicks' backcourt.

Felton joins Amare Stoudemire as the Knicks' two big free-agent signings of the summer, even though they failed to achieve their primary goal of getting James.

The sources said the deal is expected to be finalized over the weekend.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Jefferson is either going to Dallas or Cleveland from what I'm hearing. Which is pretty obvious from what's been said

Cavs might be more desperate to get him though after "the Decision"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We can't really offer anything more then the trade exception, unless we do two separate deals giving them something else. And I guess its fitting for the Cavs to be going after the guy the Mavs want after Cuban was the only person to defend Gilbert lol

NY King

Reaction score
I like the Raymond Felton pick up. I think he can be really good with Amar'e. Hopefully Knicks can pick up Ridnour. I wish they went after Kyle Korver or JJ Redick and get decent shooters on the team. Bulls did a smart thing in going for them.

Tony Douglas needs help to improve. With the coming years I can see him getting better. Can't wait for this season to begin!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Cavaliers are considering making an offer to Josh Childress, according to sources. Childress has until July 15th to opt out of his contract with Olympiakos.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Portland Trail Blazers announced today they have signed restricted free-agent guard Wesley Matthews to an offer sheet. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed. The Utah Jazz will have seven days to match the offer sheet from the day on which they receive it.

Via Press Release

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both the Heat and Spurs have been mentioned as a potential landing spot for Shaquille O'Neal, but Marc Stein dismisses both as unlikely. The Spurs don't often take risks like O'Neal in terms of interfering with chemistry and Pat Riley has already worked with him in Miami.

The Mavericks and Hawks are the two teams in the best position to sign O'Neal.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%