NBA Finals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Game 2 wasn't a MUST WIN game for the Celtics. I'm not saying this one is, but they'll come in with that mentality, because they don't want to face Kobe in a Game 7.
You can argue the same for the Lakers. Kobe doesn't want to lose this Game 6 and I bet you'll see that when the game is on. The championship is one game away from being won, and not by Kobe's team. What do you think you'll see from him Game 6?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The game is going to be played with the same intensity by both teams. It's the NBA Finals, need I say more?

djhipp

Reaction score
We're ending this in 6. Oh you better believe it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can argue the same for the Lakers. Kobe doesn't want to lose this Game 6 and I bet you'll see that when the game is on. The championship is one game away from being won, and not by Kobe's team. What do you think you'll see from him Game 6?
It depends on what Kobe shows up.. From what I've seen this year, in close games around the 4th quarter, he tends to turn into his old self. He basically refuses to pass and forces all kinds of jumpers no matter who is covering and where he is on the court.

Game 6 should be a good one, like stated above, the Celtics do no want this to go any farther, but the Lakers known its win or go home and they have the most athletic team, and they have not played as many playoff games as the Celtics this year...

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
If the game was in LA I'd be almost certain Game 7 would come, but I can't see refs/Stern getting in the way of Boston at home...
I hope you don't mean that the refs have been on the lakers side the entire series :lol:

yezzir

Reaction score
The type of Kobe that'll show up is all based on what his teammates do early on (in the first half). If they prove that they can step up in Game 6 then he'll remain a facilitator, but if they become inconsistent when the pressure builds up, he WILL look to take over this game. Whether he'll be able to is a whole nother topic.

Pierce

The Truth
Reaction score
Refs been on both side this whole series. Look at Game 2 and 3.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Refs have been on La's side in LA, Bostons had the advantage in Boston.

Pierce

The Truth
Reaction score
Thats why theres no way we can lose at home. And why I'm so confident. Best D at home + Refs give us some good calls= Bostons 17th championship and my new siggy!!!!

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
The refs been favoring both teams throughout the playoffs.

yezzir

Reaction score
ROFL

whose hand was that?
idk, but watching it now it looks like he was trying to attack him, lol. Prolly some assistant coach who was trying to say "Its ok, Ray Allen is obviously better than you" when he drove past him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NBA Finals = US open
Kobe=Tiger
Pierce=Mediate

I really hope so...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats why theres no way we can lose at home. And why I'm so confident. Best D at home + Refs give us some good calls= Bostons 17th championship and my new siggy!!!!
Doesn't matter how good your D is, when Stern wants something, he gets it.. Expect a game 7.

yezzir

Reaction score
Last thing we need is someone else stepping up and ending it.. :rolleyes:

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You can't compare a team sport to an individual sport, come on now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%