NBA Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Jefferson is a bad defender for his size.
Kanter is only going to get bigger and stronger, kid is only 18 years old.
And it's going to get better when he goes and guards quicker power forwards? Not the way I look at it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And it's going to get better when he goes and guards quicker power forwards? Not the way I look at it.
He's just soft, he needs to sack up lol
But it's his natural position, and would likely help him offensively.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wonder what Mexi has to say after saying the Clippers won that trade and said Clippers were right to trade the pick because the draft sucked lmao.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
So does anyone think the NBA draft is rigged? lol, just a little bit....

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wonder what Mexi has to say after saying the Clippers won that trade and said Clippers were right to trade the pick because the draft sucked lmao.
I can already predict it

"Why would the clippers need Kyrie..when you got Eric Bledsoe who has star written all over him"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can already predict it

"Why would the clippers need Kyrie..when you got Eric Bledsoe who has star written all over him"
And if the Clippers ended up keeping the pick and got #1, he'd be foaming from the mouth talking about how Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin would be the best duo in NBA history lol

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is it stupid to think taking Derrick Williams #1 and either Brandon Knight/Kemba Walker at #4 is a good idea?

Its just a thought, since Walker/Knight have been predicted to go 3-5 in some mock drafts prior to the lottery.

I don't really like any of the prospects outside of Williams, Knight, Walker, and Kyrie Irving, so this just gets Cleveland two good players instead of one good player and one potential bust.

Again, just a thought, not saying Cleveland should definitley pass up on Kyrie.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And if the Clippers ended up keeping the pick and got #1, he'd be foaming from the mouth talking about how Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin would be the best duo in NBA history lol
Kyrie throwing oops to Blake and DeAndre with EJ spotting up for 3's :eek:
OMG can you imagine

fucking a. i feel bad for clipper fans. fuck it, i feel bad for me. I would have strongly considered season tix lmao

but guess what. Wolves didnt get the #1 pick so that means the Clips get the Wolves pick next year

back to this. cheato, if the cavs didnt get Kyrie(1st or 2nd pick) then it wouldnt matter imo
but they got Kyrie. :eek:
anyways, congrats.

manny3118

Reaction score
Personally, I still would have pulled the trigger on that trade just to get rid of that contract. The Clippers were terribly, terribly unlucky (Clipper Curse strikes again?) but they come away with cap flexibility which needed post CBA. Whether they can put it to good use is another story.

And as far as Irving is concerned, I'm not completely sold on him; he's desperately needed in Cleveland, but I just can't see him making an impact like Wall or Rose. He's going to be put in an environment with the Cavs potentially where he has no other legitimate talent which is a scary prospect for a rookie PG.

manny3118

Reaction score
Personally, I still would have pulled the trigger on that trade just to get rid of that contract. The Clippers were terribly, terribly unlucky (Clipper Curse strikes again?) but they come away with cap flexibility which needed post CBA. Whether they can put it to good use is another story.

And as far as Irving is concerned, I'm not completely sold on him; he's desperately needed in Cleveland, but I just can't see him making an impact like Wall or Rose. He's going to be put in an environment with the Cavs potentially where he has no other legitimate talent which is a scary prospect for a rookie PG.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
first off, it's you!!!!!!!

2nd, thats what i've been saying since the trade. cheato has been giving me crap
but man kyrie irving on that squad would have had some serious potential. then again maybe not with My Cousin Vinny leading them

but knowing what i know now, i think i would have kept baron
they could have packaged Bledsoe and/or Aminu with Kaman's expiring for a nice return
then again, if minnesota gets a top 3 pick next year, the trade pays off for the clips

so maybe it'll end up being a legitimate win-win after all

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
“This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines,” Kahn said. “Last year it was Abe Pollin’s widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy and the only thing we have in common is we have both been bar mitzvahed. We were done. I told Kevin: ‘We’re toast.’ This is not happening for us and I was right.”
lmao Kahn

and what are the chances Utah doesnt take a white player?

manny3118

Reaction score
first off, it's you!!!!!!!

2nd, thats what i've been saying since the trade. cheato has been giving me crap
but man kyrie irving on that squad would have had some serious potential. then again maybe not with My Cousin Vinny leading them

but knowing what i know now, i think i would have kept baron
they could have packaged Bledsoe and/or Aminu with Kaman's expiring for a nice return
Ha, I mean it's funny. From what I've read, the Clippers had the opportunity to protect the pick (it's done often after all) but they really just did not want to be a part of the draft this year. I'm not buying the fact that the Cavs wouldn't have taken the trade otherwise, because they were getting a high pick anyway and the offer for another would have been too good to pass up considering their rebuilding desires. This situation could have easily been avoided, but with the Clips, anything is possible I guess.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just read on hoopsworld that the clips couldnt protect the pick

i think the fact that they have Minnesota's unprotected picj next year played into the decision

if the Wolves got the #1 pick this year, then the Clips wouldnt have gotten their pick next year and the Cavs wouldnt have gotten the #1 pick so the Clips wouldnt have cared

but since the Cavs got the #1 pick, it means the Wolves 2012 pick is unprotected and there's an excellent chance that that pick will be high

so going over it again, good trade. getting rid of Baron allows them to have money this year

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To sign who exactly? We won that deal from the start.. Byron Scott and Baron Davis will be great for Kyrie Irving, even if we lack talent on the team.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To sign who exactly? We won that deal from the start.. Byron Scott and Baron Davis will be great for Kyrie Irving, even if we lack talent on the team.
I don't think Scott is good for anyone lol

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Is it stupid to think taking Derrick Williams #1 and either Brandon Knight/Kemba Walker at #4 is a good idea?

Its just a thought, since Walker/Knight have been predicted to go 3-5 in some mock drafts prior to the lottery.

I don't really like any of the prospects outside of Williams, Knight, Walker, and Kyrie Irving, so this just gets Cleveland two good players instead of one good player and one potential bust.

Again, just a thought, not saying Cleveland should definitley pass up on Kyrie.
I was thinking the same thing! It's a question of what duo you like better: Irving and Kanter/Biyombo/Leonard or Williams and Walker/Knight. I wouldn't rule it out.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's definetly something you consider, but I think they end up taking Kyrie.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have a Kyrie/Kanter duo. It all depends on what Utah does. There's been some discussion already in this thread about Utah and Kanter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%