NBA Draft Lottery Thread

BNC

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
well damn zero jumps at all

can't believe that "process" actually paid off for them

welp for Philly I think Ingram will definitely be the pick, I'd go the other way for most teams but the difference in fit for them is pretty large... so LA, congratulations on Simmons (or trading Simmons)
They don't pick based on fit, and for a team that won 15 games or whatever picking based on fit is incredibly stupid

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For what Philly preaches I think there is a legitimate chance they take Ingram.

Stray32

Reaction score
BNC said:
They don't pick based on fit, and for a team that won 15 games or whatever picking based on fit is incredibly stupid
to clarify, he is legitimately the best prospect for their team taking into account (but not solely basing the decision on) fit with the rest of their young talent - I personally still think Simmons is #1 but it's close enough that I could see certain teams going with Ingram over Simmons and the 76ers are at the top of that list

BNC

Reaction score
If Philly is smart (debatable after the Hinkie firing) they'll go best player available

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This media narrative that the Sixers are suddenly in a "new direction" is hilarious. Hinkie set this all up, and they finally got lucky right after they fired him. 

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Philly will go BPA and not fit. It's the logical way to go, and they've done it in the past with Okafor.

BNC

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
to clarify, he is legitimately the best prospect for their team taking into account (but not solely basing the decision on) fit with the rest of their young talent - I personally still think Simmons is #1 but it's close enough that I could see certain teams going with Ingram over Simmons and the 76ers are at the top of that list
Philly needs to pick whichever player they think is going to be the best without taking into consideration the rest of their roster. They haven't seen anything from any of their players where they will need to take into consideration the future fit of their roster. That's not how you should be building a team

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope Embiid is ready to go next year

Stray32

Reaction score
BPA is close/debatable, neither one is far enough ahead to automatically be the #1 pick regardless of which team has that pick. And Philly is the team with the greatest difference in fit for Ingram over Simmons, so in a close debate I think that decides it - that's what I was saying, not that they're going fit over BPA

BNC

Reaction score
Yes BPA is close, but if Philly thinks Simmons is going to be better that Ingram over the course of their careers, even if just a bit, they would be dumb to take Ingram

BNC

Reaction score
Hinkie better get credit for everything he did for this franchise, they're in a much better position than when he took over

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they don't trade the pick I think Dunn will be a Pelican

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Yes BPA is close, but if Philly thinks Simmons is going to be better that Ingram over the course of their careers, even if just a bit, they would be dumb to take Ingram
Yea lets just take a 5th big man to add to the roster that has no wing/guard players lol.

BNC

Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Yea lets just take a 5th big man to add to the roster that has no wing/guard players lol.
So they reach for a guard at number 1? When you're a team that has won like 50 games in the last 3 years without any prospects like Towns and Wiggins, fit should be of no concern

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ingram honestly seems like a no brainer for Philly

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
So they reach for a guard at number 1? When you're a team that has won like 50 games in the last 3 years without any prospects like Towns and Wiggins, fit should be of no concern
Sooner or later its time to start constructing a team to compete

Stray32

Reaction score
Time to start mocking, I've already looked in depth at Simmons and Ingram so imo it'll be Ingram to Philly Simmons to LA, but no idea what the Celtics will do... time to start looking into exactly how good Dragan Bender is

Also gonna be posting some more head to head prospect comparison threads soon, will provide DraftExpress links for every player I talk about since that's a really good starting point for scouting reports and video breakdowns on prospects for whoever is interested

Paulius

Reaction score
Smh sad how much yall sleeping on domantas sabonis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%