My first cut

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you have to enjoy cutting, though. it's very time consuming and there's not much creativity to it.
so, you kinda need a passion to create them - not saying you don't.
but, it's not the same feeling as creating a gfx

.truth

Reaction score
Thanks Loggie.

Here's a new one.

Oiler35

Reaction score
There's a thin white strip all around him.

.truth

Reaction score
On the Lupe one or the Jeezy?

.truth

Reaction score
I do enjoy cutting Jarrod, I like the simplicity of it. I also like the fact that I can help people and fill requests much easier and quicker by filling a cut request than a sig request.

vikesfan

Reaction score
Just me, but I think the neck needs some work on the Fiasco cut. Nice work otherwise.

Virtuoso

Reaction score
Here's some things that I do. I go through my normal pen-tool cutting procedure. Once I'm done with that, CTRL+Click on the render layer. What that does is selects the render and sometimes the image. If it selects the image you would go to select > inverse. You should have the render by itself selected. Then go to select > modify > contract > 1-3 pixels depending on how much you wanna smooth things out. Your render selection should shrink by 1-3 px. then go to select > inverse. Now instead of selecting all of the render, it selects what you want to take out and the rest of the image. Take out your eraser and erase off the 1-3 px render edge. Since I'm not the best cutter, and don't perfectly cut things right away I use this because it'll take 1-3 pixels off the edges of the render (usually the pixels that still have some leftover BG). Sometimes, if the render needs it I'll add the brightness/contrast thing and even take out my dodge tool on 45% exposure, shadows and lighten some things that are too dark. Also, if the image is not what you would say HQ or the cut is still not on par, I would go to select > feather 1-3 px. It smoothes things out further. Final step, I go to File > Save for web and devices and save a PNG-24 copy of the cut, if I want, then I'll save the Psd and done. Hope that helped. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%