Mother says Belak suffered from depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
The mother of Wade Belak told CBC News that the former NHL player suffered from depression prior to his death.

"I think he was taking control of that," Lorraine Belak said in a phone interview from Nashville. "He didn't talk about it all the time or a lot."

The body of the 35-year-old Belak was found Wednesday in the downtown Toronto condominium where he was staying while preparing to appear on the CBC reality show "Battle of the Blades."

"All I know is that it is still under investigation," she said. "The only thing I can tell you is he did not die of natural causes."

There will be a private funeral Sunday for Belak at Woodmont Christian Church in Nashville. His family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to The Andie and Alex Belak Scholarship Fund. Checks can be made payable to Woodmont Christian Church or Jennifer Belak. The address is 3601 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37215.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587677

H-MYK

Reaction score
It's so weird, the guy was a fan favourite of the Leafs, he was starting an exciting career in broadcasting, he has a wife and 2 daughters, he seemed happy to have it all. I guess you don't always know people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%