MLB Winter Meetings

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
The best week of the MLB offseason starts tomorrow.

Discuss all rumors/things that come up during the meetings. We will make new thread for the big trades/ signings once they happen.

47th oG

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this here.

[TWEET]673708055226355712[/TWEET]

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
I'm giddy watching MLB Network tonight as Ken Rosenthal and Tom Verducci predict multiple blockbuster trades during this week's meetings.

JUMPER

Banned
Reaction score
Marlins reportedly asked Dodgers for Julio Aurias and Corey Seager when Dodgers called about Jose Fernandez.

Twitter: MLB Trade Rumors

JUMPER

Banned
Reaction score
Mark Lowe signs with Tigers on 2 year deal.

catman

Reaction score
Speculation is that the Reds get Grant Holmes and Jose Peraza in return for Chapman.

47th oG

Reaction score
Rays interested in Cubs Javier Baez in exchange for SP

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Sources say Cubs/Braves deal appears to be imminent

Jesse Rodgers says Cubs expect to make a deal by morning.

I think a trade for Shelby Miller puts the Cubs in high pursuit of Heyward because they will likely be trading one of their project starters in Baez or Soler.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Everybody saying different things now. Guess time will tell, next few days will no doubt be interesting. A lot of trades expected to occur

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Yeah David Stearns said he made progress today on several trades. We'll probably see a lot of action on Wed

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Sources say Cubs/Braves deal appears to be imminent

Jesse Rodgers says Cubs expect to make a deal by morning.

I think a trade for Shelby Miller puts the Cubs in high pursuit of Heyward because they will likely be trading one of their project starters in Baez or Soler.
Agreed with this. I think we see another big move today, only via a trade this time.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Cubs supposedly out on Miller

Not sure how to feel. I don't think Miller is an ace caliber pitcher, or a #2, but he would have been fantastic as the Cubs #3 or #4

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:

Not sure how to feel. I don't think Miller is an ace caliber pitcher, or a #2, but he would have been fantastic as the Cubs #3 or #4
Yeah, I don't think he would have overtaken Lester as the #2 but there's not denying the upgrade that he would bring to their rotation. Still in on Heyward as of right now?

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Yeah, I don't think he would have overtaken Lester as the #2 but there's not denying the upgrade that he would bring to their rotation. Still in on Heyward as of right now?
Yeah, sounds like Heyward is their main focus right now. If the Cubs sign Heyward then they would likely be more inclined to trade a Soler or Baez. If they were to trade them and miss out on Heyward, they would need 2 OF

I know Baez has had his faults early in his career, but he has improved a lot in the past year. His potential is still up there with any of the young studs the Cubs have. I think the Rays are a better fit because they can also match with the Cubs and include some pen arms

Also trading Baez likely takes them out of the market for guys like Gray, who would be a much larger upgrade. Also teams like the Indians, Padres, White Sox and Rays offer similar upgrades, which may or may not come at a cheaper cost

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:

Miller's fastball tops off at about 94 and he's got a solid curve ball. He slots nice as a #2 option with plenty of time to get better. Still only 25. I live him in Arizona pitching behind Greinke.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
So many rumors involving the Cubs I can't even keep up anymore

I don't really want to sign Zobrist though. Unless of course the proper trade is already in place to find him a position. I don't want to be trading out of surplus simply because we signed Zobrist

catman

Reaction score
Zobrist to the Cubs. Castro to the Yankees, pending a physical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%