Mike Napoli to the Indians

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
The Indians have agreed to terms with first baseman Mike Napoli on a one-year contract, CBS Sports MLB Insider Jon Heyman has confirmed. Heyman adds that the deal will pay Napoli $7 million for 2016 with the chance to make up to $3 million in incentives.

Napoli, 34, is coming off a 2015 season in which he batted .224/.324/.410 for the Red Sox and Rangers with 18 home runs in 133 games. For his career, Napoli owns an OPS+ of 123 across parts of 10 big-league seasons.

Napoli figures to become Cleveland's regular first baseman, and he'll fill a big hole. Last season, Tribe first basemen combined for a WAR of -1.7.
-- CBS Sports

catman

Reaction score
Where does Santana go? Will he be the DH?
Seriously, Napoli is one of the hitters that is a puzzle to me. He can hit the ball a mile, but needs to stay on top of his form or he loses everything.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
catman said:
Where does Santana go? Will he be the DH?
Seriously, Napoli is one of the hitters that is a puzzle to me. He can hit the ball a mile, but needs to stay on top of his form or he loses everything.
Yeah this signing makes zero sense to me. I guess we spent 7m on a DH... And not a very good one at that haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%