Miguel Cabrera arrested for DUI

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera was arrested in Florida Wednesday night on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and two counts of resisting an officer without violence.

He was booked into the St. Lucie County Jail at 12:20 a.m. today and released at 7:45 a.m. after posting $1,350 bond, according to information provided by Mark Weinberg from the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office

Police spotted a car Cabrera was driving, smoking on the side of the road, according to a police report. Cabrera had an odor of alcohol coming from his breath and his eyes were bloodshot and watery and his speech was heavily slurred, according to deputies who arrested him in on Okeechobee Road in Ft. Pierce.

In an arrest affidavit, deputies said Cabrera repeated “”Do you know who I am, you don’t know anything about my problems.” Cabrera then picked up a bottle of James Buchanan’s Scotch whiskey and started drinking, according to the report.

When asked to get into a patrol vehicle, police say Cabrera used an expletive. Police say he didn’t comply with several orders to get into the patrol vehicle. The arresting deputy said he lifted Cabrera’s left hand to gain pain compliance and Cabrera then “pushed off the vehicle into me,” according to the report.

The deputy then delivered 3-4 knee spikes into Cabrera’s left thigh muscle. Cabrera fell into the vehicle, according to police.

When asked about the affect the arrest would have on the team, Tigers second baseman Carlos Guillen said "Everybody is in shock. You've got to keep looking forward."
Link

SMH. Hopefully this won't affect him playing this season, or this season for the team in general.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just saw this and was about to post it. Gotta get Miggy some help, shouldn't be fucking with his career like this. Tell him to go talk to Josh Hamilton.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Just saw this and was about to post it. Gotta get Miggy some help, shouldn't be fucking with his career like this. Tell him to go talk to Josh Hamilton.
Yeah, no shit. Supposedly he has been sober, up until last night. Dombrowski needs to have a real nice chat with him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you know who I am, you don’t know anything about my problems.” Cabrera then picked up a bottle of James Buchanan’s Scotch whiskey and started drinking, according to the report.

that alone shows you have a problem. who actually does this shit? he better get help.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
that alone shows you have a problem. who actually does this shit? he better get help.
I would like to know what his so called "problems" are. He makes a shit load of money playing the sport he loves for a living, and he has a wife and kids that he gets to go home too... He needs to get help right now so he will be good to go before the season starts.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMMFH. Miggy needs to get some help for real. All this money is changing him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH. This guy is just gonna throw his career away.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You must of not had any knowledge of the Tigers in the late 2009 season then.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He got wasted the day before the one-game playoff, I'm aware

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Dammit Miggy! I'm thinking he may need to have someone with him to monitor his intake, or as said talk to Josh Hamilton. Clearly it's not impossible to fix this, and he needs to fix this, especially if it effects his performance. Then again, It's still the off-season so it's not like it was right before a game like last time.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
It's still just before/during Spring Training, depending upon if he was showing up early or not

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't matter when it was. The dude was an alcoholic who said he was alcohol free, and then goes and does this.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The guy should get suspended for atleast 40 games because of this. Drunk driving is just awful and he should receive the same consequences as anyone else, because if it was anyone else they would get fired from their job.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
First position practice Saturday, and Cabrera wasn't involved. Tigers say he needs to take care of himself before he can practice and that he may have to enter rehab again that would have him miss most of spring training which is fine. Just as long as he gets things taken care of.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clearly hasn't affected his performance throughout his career.
Well obviously not yet... Look at what these types of incidents have done to players in all sorts of sports. Arenas and Delonte with guns. Big ben. It justs gives them bad reputation and that could have him fall off. There's probably lots more too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
miggy isnt gonna fall off though

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well ben made it to the super bowl so miggy can drink and drive if he gets us to the world series. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%