Michael Vick conditionally reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Any publicity is good in this country.Like I said it all depends on which team owner has the balls to say screw the bs. We want to vick because we think he can play on this nfl level. AE he's only 28 we cant write him off yet. Basically saying his career is threw.

But for teams I can see him going to. I heard washington,sf, have interest. Ill bet anybody in here 100 posts that michael vick plays in the nfl in 2009.

Devon

Reaction score
Glad to see he'll atleast be back sometime, kind of gay they added a 6-Game suspension to it though.

o.0

Banned
Reaction score
The Young One, you couldn't be more wrong on every single word of your last post.

Any publicity is good publicity in this country? Look at the Bengals - they are a laughing stock for the players they get. The Cowboys are becoming that very soon. As far as direct examples of not wanting bad PR - look at everything surrounding TO, one of the leagues best WR of ALL TIME. Look at Pacman, a talented corner and one time pro bowl talent return man. Chris Henry couldn't pay people for a job. Looking outside the league, you can see what happens with bad PR - if you have heard about the political scheme in NJ, one of the people has already killed himself. Not all press is good press, especially on such a touchy subject with half of the world being touchy females and all of the male dog enthusiasts. From what I've seen/heard, not too many Caucasian males support Vick right now, and all prejudice and ignorant comments aside, logically a very very small percentage of the revenue taken in is paid for by the small African community who generally show up to games in considerably smaller numbers, both in actuality and in a percentage compared to the actual population of the blacks in whatever city the game is.

This isn't a joke, this is the real world. It's more than just performance (and I didn't even start getting into the fact that Vick was ALREADY showing that he isn't such a phenom 2 years ago when he was still active...)

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off its TYO. Second of all vick fought dogs...he didn't have nothing to do with somebody being paralyzed like pacman. People will always go see the cowboys because they are in the news and are constantly fed to us. Same with the bengals to a lesser extent.

Nobody called vick a phenom but to write him off as a scrub is ridicolous. And I know this is the real world. I didn't need you to inform me of that.

o.0

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody called Vick a phenom? Really? Do you live in the same universe as I do?

How about this - Pacman wasn't indicted for anything. Vick was. It doesn't <Censored>ing matter what Vick did, it's a crime. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what it is, but it is what it is as they say. It's a federal crime, and in the public eye it is scorned by most.

But anyway, what point are you trying to make in your last post? I never made any statement regarding my opinion on the crime he committed, nor did anybody.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was referring to this thread. Nobody in here called him a phenom and he wasnt on one ever really. He had a unique skillset. But had poor pocket throwing abilities imo.

And my point is your grouping all their crimes together when they all have different cases.

o.0

Banned
Reaction score
I'm grouping those players simply for the bad PR they bring to the table along with their particular skill set.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My bad I thought you grouped them together for their crimes. My point and belief is vick will be back in the league if he shows he has the ability to play. If not he better try to play in the cfl or whatever.

BTW: You need to stick around...you bring some good insight.

Albino

Reaction score
What he did was horrible but the league has given him a second chance, so be it. I think it would be awesome to see Roger Goodell assign Michael Vick to the Cleveland Browns and order him to jump into the Dawg Pound every time he scores a touchdown!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vikings would be a possible destination I believe, he served his time and learned his lesson. He's sorry, move on. We've all done something bad we regret, right?
The Vikings aren't in the market for another QB. Favre was an exception for several reasons but this team is going to move on. We've got enough on our plate as it is & I don't think Vick is better than Jackson or Rosenfels, at this point, anyways. Why would the Vikings, who are poised to be a top NFC contender, invest in a player that can't play until week 6? What the hell would the team even do with Vick inside that conservative offense of Brad Childress?

Forget about Minnesota...and as per Jim Zorn's recent comments, cross Washington off the list as well.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why hasnt anyone mentioned the Raiders yet? He can run, and has a cannon arm. Al Davis should love him. I mean I don't see why not, J.Russ isn't going to do anything.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Russell makes far too much money to keep benching him. He has to be given the starting job.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I don't want him in Miami why the hell did we draft Pat White for? No offense Mike..I want you to play but just not for us

fpdz

Reaction score
I think that Vick is going to play, but not in a good team. Also, he will, now, never get the performances he got in Atlanta. And please, don't go to Raiders... look at Moss & Culpepper, both went there, and they had horrible seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%