Meyer to OSU is official

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All hail Jim Rome because he matters.

In a 3 year span, Urban Meyer won more National Championships then Michigan has won in the last 63 years. Michigan beats a 6 win OSU team who had a linebackers coach as the head coach, congrats. Not to mention, the world has forgotten about that game after OSU hired Meyer.

And yes, that's the Michigan fan in you. Considering the Xavier fan in you thinks Tu Holloway is the best guard in the country.

Mooche

Reaction score
Regardless of the situation at Ohio State, this is an excellent step in the right direction for the program. Meyer knows how to build a program and this will be displayed immensely when he gets his recruits that he wants in a few years.

Good move for the Buckeyes.

BlueNation

Reaction score
All hail Jim Rome because he matters.

In a 3 year span, Urban Meyer won more National Championships then Michigan has won in the last 63 years. Michigan beats a 6 win OSU team who had a linebackers coach as the head coach, congrats. Not to mention, the world has forgotten about that game after OSU hired Meyer.

And yes, that's the Michigan fan in you. Considering the Xavier fan in you thinks Tu Holloway is the best guard in the country.
I'm just saying he makes very valid points that have been brought to my attention.

In that 3 year span Urban Meyer lost to Michigan with a championship caliber team.
Ok if were making excuses about coached then congrats on beating the worst Michigan teams in program history the three prior years under Rich Rod. If it helps you get sleep at night to think everyone has forgot about the lost then go ahead and think that but here is a little secret, its not true.
Brady Hoke was the first Michigan coach to go 10-2 in his first season since Fielding Yost. He did it with the same players Rich Rod threw on the field and called a team.

You serious? How about Michigan, Notre Dame, and Alabama. There are three coaching jobs right off the top of my head that are more high profile than Ohio State's. Someone is a little to quick to make sweet love to anyone on the OSU basketball team to take joke, damn.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm just saying he makes very valid points that have been brought to my attention.

In that 3 year span Urban Meyer lost to Michigan with a championship caliber team.
Ok if were making excuses about coached then congrats on beating the worst Michigan teams in program history the three prior years under Rich Rod. If it helps you get sleep at night to think everyone has forgot about the lost then go ahead and think that but here is a little secret, its not true.
Brady Hoke was the first Michigan coach to go 10-2 in his first season since Fielding Yost. He did it with the same players Rich Rod threw on the field and called a team.

You serious? How about Michigan, Notre Dame, and Alabama. There are three coaching jobs right off the top of my head that are more high profile than Ohio State's. Someone is a little to quick to make sweet love to anyone on the OSU basketball team to take joke, damn.
And what about the seasons before Rich Rod when Tressel was still dominating Michigan and Lloyd Carr?

I don't struggle to sleep at night over sports, I'm sorry to tell you.

Michigan's job was so high profile, that two high profile alums turned down the job and they had to settle for an under .500 Ball State coach. He went 10-2 this year, good for him. Lets see how he does without a soft schedule.

Notre Dame, are you serious? You're grasping at straws now just because of a personal bias.

Alabama has an argument but they still don't get the coverage that OSU does, and they don't bring in as much money in the football program. Texas is #1, OSU is #2.

It's clear you're pretty upset over this hiring, I don't blame you.

Unless OSU improves on their perimeter scoring, they're going to drop a game soon, as well.. LaQuinton joining the team in December should help, but I'm not so sure Matta will even put him in the rotation.
Btw I posted that not too long ago in the Basketball thread. Definitely quick to make sweet love to the team.

Also it's pretty hard not to be impressed or think highly of the current players on the OSU basketball team.. They are the #2 team in the nation after all...

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Anyone who isn't bias toward their respective team knows this was a good move by the Buckeyes, but I really wouldn't expect different out of Wolverine fans, lol. Can't wait for next year!

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
So much for spending more time with his family and his health issues....

I dont mind Meyer leaving to Ohio State, but at least be honest and truthful about it then use excuses as a cop out. He's from Ohio, its his dream job. But at the same time he showed a lack of interest in rebuilding the program and bringing in new recruits and that cost the team severely.

Wish him the best, but he handled it very poorly in my opinion.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Florida had the #11 recruiting class in 2009
#2 in 2010
#12 in 2011

Has anyone given thought that maybe Will Muschamp isn't that good of a coach?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%