Mets Trade K-Rod to Brewers

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
For cash and 2 players to be named later.

Adios motherfucker.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's K-Rod and cash for 2 PTBNL's. Small error but no way the Brewers give the Mets cash after taking on K-Rod's contract lol.

Great deal for the Mets though just to get him off the team. Brewers going all in.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Brewers are wasting their time, still not gonna win shit

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So they're not even suppose to try and win? Prince is gone next year anyway, might as well try to make a run while one of the best hitters is still around..

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not under contract for next season and cost practically nothing...how is this bad?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't even know he was expiring at the end of the year, well I like it that much more for the Brewers then lol.

Metfan4life

Reaction score
Great move by the Mets. I am shocked that Alderson pulled the trigger rather quickly

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
So they're not even suppose to try and win? Prince is gone next year anyway, might as well try to make a run while one of the best hitters is still around..
Adding a set-up man isn't going to help you make a run

Any team not running away with the NL Central is not going to win anything in the playoffs

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It isn't going to hurt them by adding a good relief pitcher and it's a good back up plan in case something were to happen to Axford and they need a closer.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
KRod has a $17.5M vesting option for next season by completing 55 games. So as long as Axford stays healthy they're in the clear. Smart move by them.

And yeah, I saw like 3 tweets that said Mets got cash and they retweeted the error after I posted. I was too lazy to change it, lol.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Good trade for the Mets, shed some more payroll. K-rod has an option on his contract if he pitches 55 innings or something like that. The option then kicks in and the team owes him like 17.5 million next year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Good trade for the Mets, shed some more payroll. K-rod has an option on his contract if he pitches 55 innings or something like that. The option then kicks in and the team owes him like 17.5 million next year.
55 finished games this year, 100 finished games combined 2010-2011.

So if he is in a set-up role rather than a closer role the chances he finishes 55 games this year is slim.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yep, the point is we shed payroll moving forward and get some prospects along the way. Write it down, Carlos Beltran will be traded before the deadline. The Mets dont get any compensation for his departure so they will definitely trade him on the final year of his contract.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yep. What annoys me is everyone in NY media has been saying "but if they're contending they might keep Beltran". We're 1 game over .500. We ain't contending. Beltran's probably headed to San Fran so w/e. We'll get a solid spec back for him.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yep. What annoys me is everyone in NY media has been saying "but if they're contending they might keep Beltran". We're 1 game over .500. We ain't contending. Beltran's probably headed to San Fran so w/e. We'll get a solid spec back for him.
Yea, 7.5 games out of the wild card which isnt insurmountable but its pretty tough. I have to admit the Mets have played pretty well all things considered. It just goes to show that building a good team isnt about the best players, but more of players that bring a winning mentality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%