Merriman Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Merriman arrested, accused of choking girlfriend Tila Tequila

Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- Authorities say San Diego Chargers star linebacker Shawne Merriman has been arrested on suspicion of choking and restraining his girlfriend, a reality TV star, as she tried to leave his Southern California home.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman says 27-year-old Tila Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant early Sunday, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment.

Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.

Merriman, 25, was taken into custody by deputies who responded to a distress call at his home in Poway, north of San Diego.

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for her MTV dating reality show, "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, these guys are f-cking jokes.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He probably did the Merriman dance after he choked her lol. But I agree with CalsFinest here these guys are jokes.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont even think Tila Tequila is that hot....

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
he's like 9'10" and she's like 5'0" smh -_- this guys a joke, he was on Twitter and tinychat and all this shxt the other day being mad cool, saying "Nxgga" like 95443234352 times. He's stupid, these dudes dig themselves some deep ass holes

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I remember him last year on Pro Football Weekly acting all respectable and such and then goes and chokes out Tila Tequila haha. I have a feeling she did something to start it though.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
I remember him last year on Pro Football Weekly acting all respectable and such and then goes and chokes out Tila Tequila haha. I have a feeling she did something to start it though.
Probably was because she is such a ho

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
yeah I remember that too, just listening to him you could tell he was such a fake

Merriman is a dumb ass and his career is only going to go down hill from here

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've hated this <Censored> since he ended priest holmes career. He's a juice monster and a asshole as a person.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've hated this <Censored> since he ended priest holmes career. He's a juice monster and a asshole as a person.
That made me so mad. Priest Holmes had such a great career ahead, and he was such a good dude.

But I don't know why anyone would want Tila Tequila. Getting VD isn't something I think would be enjoyable.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SAN DIEGO -- Multiple sources provided 10News' Juliette Vara with new details about what led to the incident last Sunday involving San Diego Chargers star Shawne Merriman and reality TV star Tila Tequila at the linebacker's Poway home.

Sources close to the story told Vara that Tequila -- also known as Tila Nguyen -- was unhappy that she was not the only woman getting attention from Merriman, and jealousy played a role in the early morning altercation.

The sources told Vara that witnesses at Merriman's home said the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker went to his bedroom with two women.

Sources said Tequila walked into the room and Merriman asked her to join them. However, the sources said Tequila reacted angrily and threatened to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

According to sources, Tequila was intoxicated, and she got naked and attempted to leave the house.

Sources told Vara that Merriman, 25, tried to stop the 27-year-old Tequila, and that is when she called 911.

Tequila accused Merriman of choking and throwing her to the ground while she was trying to leave the house. Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.

After practice on Wednesday, Vara talked to Merriman, but he did not discuss specifics about the case.

Vara asked Merriman to clarify his relationship with Tequila, and he immediately contacted his attorney.

"I don't know if … let me text my lawyer real quick," he said.

Merriman later acknowledged that he and the MTV star were friends and had only known each other for a short time.

"If anyone feels this is a distraction for me, I apologize," Merriman said. "I know my No. 1 priority is guys in the locker room."

Sources also told Vara that Tequila faked a neck injury, and when paramedics arrived they determined that she was OK. However, Tequila insisted on going to the hospital.

On Wednesday, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department handed over its findings in the case to the District Attorney's office.

The District Attorney's office will review the sheriff's department documents to decide if charges will be filed against Merriman.

The attorney representing Tequila disputed Merriman's claim that she was drunk when the linebacker allegedly choked her and held her against her will in his Poway home.

Attorney Alan S. Gutman issued a statement Tuesday, saying Merriam's comments since the incident early Sunday morning are nothing more than "calculated spin to cover up his illegal and indefensible actions."

Merriman and his attorney, Todd Macaluso, have said they expect him to be vindicated. Merriman issued a statement Sunday denying wrongdoing and saying he was trying to keep Tequila from leaving his home because she appeared to be intoxicated.

"I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported," Merriman's statement read.

On Tuesday night, Tequila's attorney called Merriman's explanation "spin" and predicted it would be discredited.

"It is never justifiable to brutally assault, choke, strike and imprison a woman," Gutman wrote. "Once the truth is fully revealed, Mr. Merriman's fantastic story of how he was trying to keep Ms. Tequila safe will be completely discredited."

Gutman didn't return calls seeking comment Wednesday. Merriman and Macaluso said they had no further comment.

When Merriman bailed out of jail on Sunday, a court appearance was scheduled for next Tuesday. If no charges are filed, that appearance will be removed from the court calendar, Levikow said. If the DA's office hasn't decided by then, the appearance will be rescheduled.
I'm not a fan of Merriman myself, but SMFH @Tila gettin' all crazy just cuz she got jealous.
Jealous, desperate, and dramatic beezy always trying to do something outlandish for attention.

Faked an injury and had to sign a citizen's arrest. If she had to do that that means cops on the scene didn't have any sufficient evidence to arrest Merriman.

Hoes will always be hoes.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
she wrote a ton of stuff on twitter.
i am surprised she did. you never see this kinda stuff
Where else in the law does it say "<Censored> WOULDN'T SLEEP WITH ME AND ALL MY FRIENDS.....SO CHOKE HER AND BEAT HER!" umm...NO!
here's more: http://twitter.com/officialTila

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AP - District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis dismissed Tila Tequila's accusations that Shawne Merriman choked her and threw her to the ground early Sunday.

Dumanis announced Friday afternoon there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Merriman committed a crime. Tequila had signed a citizen's arrest warrant charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, both felonies.

"This case is now closed," Dumanis said in a statement.

RealGM Note: Chargers' GM A.J. Smith released the following statement to RealGM and other publications:

“It’s really good news for Shawne. We’re happy things worked out for him on the legal front.”

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Wow, lol. So much for that.

Monoxide

Reaction score
The most interesting thing I've read all week lmao.

Tila probably had it coming though. At least he didn't sack her like a quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%