Mavs and Wizards "extremely" close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the Dallas Morning News
The Mavericks appear to have agreed on the major points of a trade that will send Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson.

The deal is not done. But a source said that the pieces of the trade have been tentatively agreed upon.

The trade would require league approval, which could take until after All-Star Weekend.

The Mavericks and Wizards have been trade partners before, when Dallas acquired Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse for Antawn Jamison in 2004. That was a trade that both teams viewed as a success.

Washington apparently has become resigned to the fact that Haywood, their center who is having a solid season, would not re-sign this summer when he is a free agent.

That, plus the fact that the Wizards will save a ton of money if the deal goes down, is their motivation.

The Mavericks drafted Howard in 2003 and he has enjoyed great successes, although he has been prone to controversial moments.

He's been struggling this year to recover from off-season ankle surgery but has played well lately. Next season, his contract is a team option, which could yield a payroll savings of $11 million for the Wizards.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Mavericks appear to have agreed on the major points of a trade that will send Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson.

The deal is not completely done, but a source said that the pieces of the trade have been tentatively agreed upon.

The trade would also require league approval, which could take until after All-Star Weekend.

Howard's contract for 10-11 is a team option, which could yield a payroll savings of $11 million for the Wizards.

Via Dallas Morning News
Waiting for league approval..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It will be approved on Monday, the league wants all the attention on ASW, they don't want any trades overshadowing it or stealing some spot light.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I kind of agree but not at the same time. The Mavs could become deadly after this or just become plain flops

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So much for waiting till after the All-Star weekend

From Marc Stein
Mavs and Wizards have completed their trade call with the league office. Deal will be announced later tonight. Seven-player swap in the end 4 minutes ago from UberTwitter
DAL gets Butler, Haywood and Stevenson as was always the case once teams agreed Friday. WASH gets Josh Howard, Gooden, Q. Ross and Singleton 2 minutes ago from UberTwitter

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IMO Dallas absolutely butt raped the Wizards.

I feel as if Dallas is up there with LA and Denver now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IMO Dallas absolutely butt raped the Wizards.

I feel as if Dallas is up there with LA and Denver now.
Totally agree, they are deep and should do major damage.
It would be nice to see them get to the finals so Kidd could get a ring.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels the NBA is going into the crapper? It's unfreaking believeable, the NBA is getting to be like the WWE. All the good players are on the same teams, trades are happening that seems like one team is just completely butt raping the other. I'm waiting for the Hornets to trade CP to a team like the Lakers for say Farmar, Morrison, and a first rounder. It's getting sickening.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Totally agree, they are deep and should do major damage.
It would be nice to see them get to the finals so Kidd could get a ring.
they're up there with denver, but not L.A.

L.A. would beat them in a series
but if injuries creep up, then yeah. but i think i pretty much said that in saying they're on denver's level

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Sweet! We finally got this deal done and now we have more overall depth come playoff time which we sorely lacked. The other bright spot is that we get Haywood who we really need cuz Dampier keeps having knee problems, Haywood is an underrated Center who is in his prime right now. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of Butler we get.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haywood isnt overrated..

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, the deal was good enough when they were just getting Butler, but with Haywood as well this is a steal. I think Haywood is really underrated.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Butler will be #4, Haywood #33, Stevenson #92

lmao #92 is so sexy

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn it, the Mavs have my favorite player in the league (Marion) and now probably my least favorite player in the league lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Matrix is your favorite?

and Maple, Stevenson has the Pirates P tattooed on his face backwards to look like a 9.
symbolizes something.
he's always been #2. even has it tattooed on his back lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%