Maurice Clarett re-enters Ohio State

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio —

Maurice Clarett, the former Ohio State football player who spent more than three years in prison, is once again a Buckeye, the university announced on Monday.

Clarett started classes on Monday, after the university allowed him reentry, an Ohio State spokesman said in a statement released Monday evening.

"Maurice Clarett has been granted reentry into The Ohio State University, following a review by the College of Education and Human Ecology," said Jim Lynch, director of media relations for Ohio State.

Clarett will attend classes for the second half of OSU's summer quarter.

"This is a surreal feeling to be back at Ohio State in such a supportive environment," Clarett said in a statement. "I have looked forward to being back in school and I'm doing my best to fit in with other students. I don't want to be a distraction or nuisance to the football team or to students on campus."

Clarett served more than 3 1/2 years in the Toledo Correctional Institution for aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon, 10TV News reported.

Clarett was the starting tailback on Ohio State's 2002 football team that went undefeated and won the national championship. He never played a game for the Buckeyes after the 2002 season.

He was a third-round draft choice by the Denver Broncos in 2005 but never saw action in a regular-season game.

On Jan. 1, 2006, Clarett was charged with aggravated robbery after police said he flashed a gun at people outside a bar and robbed them of a cell phone. Then, on Aug. 9, Clarett was arrested after a chase when police said that they tried to stop him for a traffic violation.
wow lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well at least he is back trying to get an education...this guy really screwed up his life.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, he really ###### up. But I'm willing to bet he's going to write a book about how he lost everything, prison, etc to get money. He had a blog running when he was in prison, he sent entries to his family who would post them so he's already got experience in writing.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd put that book right up on the shelf next to Jose Conseco's book.

I hope he can get back to the life he once had, but its doubtful.

Mooche

Reaction score
You know, good for him. Really glad to see that the guy is taking strides to get a good education and recover. I doubt he will ever be the same person, and really, who would? But regardless, hopefully he can get his life back on track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%