Matt Ryan is a frontrunner for top rookie honors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
7. These rookie QBs don't look like rookies

Last week, both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco won again on the road. Ryan has won three in a row on the road and heads to New Orleans this week. Flacco has won four straight on the road and faces the Redskins at home this week. I believe Ryan is ahead of Flacco right now for rookie of the year honors, but it is not a runaway. Please take a look at these comparisons of the two rookie quarterbacks who have led their respective teams to identical 8-4 records:

Third down passing: Ryan has completed 75 of 123 passes (61 percent) for a 85.5 rating. Flacco has completed 64 of 107 passes (59.8 percent) for a 94 rating.

Fourth quarter passing: Ryan has completed 48 of 81 passes for 611 yards, four touchdowns, one interception and seven sacks. Flacco has completed 44 of 66 passes for 544 yards, three touchdowns, two interceptions and seven sacks.

Vs. the blitz: Ryan has completed 56 of 91 passes; Flacco has completed 46 of 88 passes for three touchdowns.

Hopefully Ryan continues to play great football and keeps his team rolling!

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Shouldn't it say, he IS the front runner for RoY, not just A front runner. Flacco is good, but it's not because of him they are winning. Ryan is.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's got this pretty much.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh yeah, i keep forgetting he is a rookie.
I was hoping Chris Long would have had a better year

It hasn't been that bad though for him, he's had 35 tackles 4 sacks and 1 fumble recovery

I think he has great potential

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also Matt Forte.

Already at 1,012 yards rushing, 6 TD's, and 48 catches for a RB already

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya I was just going to mention him. But I think Johnson or Ryan's going to get it. It's def. between the two of them.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't know what it is but.... Matt Ryan reminds me of Carson Palmer... He just does... like his throwing motion and everything. It's weird how it stood out to me... As long as he stays injury free and his young offensive line keeps doing their job and the running game is working I expect good things out of the Falcons.

I don't want to jinx him when this week is a huge week for the Falcons.

Saints are never an easy team to beat and they fought and fought with the Buccaneers last week until the Bucs defense came up big.

In the NFL this year I see a lot of pretty good rookies with a bright future but I hope Ryan pulls it out.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
I was hoping Chris Long would have had a better year

It hasn't been that bad though for him, he's had 35 tackles 4 sacks and 1 fumble recovery

I think he has great potential
Ends seem to take longer to make am impact, look at Mario Williams first year, and then his second. I think Chris Long is going to be fine.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I don't know what it is but.... Matt Ryan reminds me of Carson Palmer... He just does... like his throwing motion and everything. It's weird how it stood out to me... As long as he stays injury free and his young offensive line keeps doing their job and the running game is working I expect good things out of the Falcons.

I don't want to jinx him when this week is a huge week for the Falcons.

Saints are never an easy team to beat and they fought and fought with the Buccaneers last week until the Bucs defense came up big.

In the NFL this year I see a lot of pretty good rookies with a bright future but I hope Ryan pulls it out.
Every week is huge from here on out...

I think he deserves OROY this season. He's done a good job.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ends seem to take longer to make am impact, look at Mario Williams first year, and then his second. I think Chris Long is going to be fine.
yeah that is true.. We usually don't start hearing about the great ones until 3 or 4 years into their career

Experts were saying that he was most likely going to be better than his father (Howie Long)
I knows he's bigger than his dad was.. Howie Long's Youngest son (Howie jr.) played on the same football team as me for 2 years.. he was actually smaller than me lol but was a good player.. well his older bro chris and his dad howie would come to our practices every now and then and teach us a few things.. I was a defensive end so I guess you could say i was taught by the best lol.. eventually I became a wide reciever though. oh well Howie Jr is now going to UVA to play Lacrosse of all sports, he wasn't always the biggest though.. he was the runt of the family lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%