Matt Cooke delivers a dirty hit? No way...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0s76UcyibXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Maybe my bias is getting the best of me but it looks like he changes his position/stride to hit Ovechkin with the knee.

Regardless, something needs to happen to this fucking clown.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Wouldn't put it past him, it's exactly what you expect from the type of player that he is.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If it was on purpose, it was payback for that Steckel hit on Crosby...

But we're outsiders, we don't know if he had intent to injure

Go Matt Cooke <3

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then I can't wait for Crosby to come back and then get re-concussed by a Bruin (hopefully a goon they sign for a game because I wouldn't want anyone on this team to really do that).

Payback's a bitch...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't look like that at all to me.
Again, idk if it's me, but it looks like right before the hit Cooke adjusts him self to hit Ovechkin. Probably because Ovechkin was moving out of the way.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Again, idk if it's me, but it looks like right before the hit Cooke adjusts him self to hit Ovechkin. Probably because Ovechkin was moving out of the way.
Yeah...I didn't see it that way

Maybe it's just me

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then I can't wait for Crosby to come back and then get re-concussed by a Bruin (hopefully a goon they sign for a game because I wouldn't want anyone on this team to really do that).

Payback's a bitch...
Patrice Bergeron would get a stick swing to the face...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good, hopefully from Cooke because then I'll have a reason to hunt him down..

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I am thinking the exact same thing. Looks like he stuck out his leg after he knew he wasn't getting Ovechkin with his shoulder.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was skating with the leg out anyways, starting right before he got to Ovechkin

Prove it was intentional <_<

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prove it wasn't intentional lol
We're outsiders, and only he knows what he meant to do.

But if he said it was payback for what they did to Crosby...I'd love him forevaaaaa

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
THEY didn't do anything. Steckel collided with Crosby, who happened to be watching the puck, and shit went down. Crosby isn't a victim of a cheap shot. He's a victim of unfortunate circumstance.

And it's very hypocritical to go praising "payback" but would be the first to jump down someones throat if something happened to Crosby or Malkin in a similar situation.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
THEY didn't do anything. Steckel collided with Crosby, who happened to be watching the puck, and shit went down. Crosby isn't a victim of a cheap shot. He's a victim of unfortunate circumstance.

And it's very hypocritical to go praising "payback" but would be the first to jump down someones throat if something happened to Crosby or Malkin in a similar situation.
Well DUH I'm a fan of the team...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not talking about being a fan, I'm talking about common sense.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Also by no means do I like Ovechkin. I actually can't stand him because everyone bandwagons him and the Capitals.

How do we know Steckel caused the concussion and not Hedman though?

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also by no means do I like Ovechkin. I actually can't stand him because everyone bandwagons him and the Capitals.

How do we know Steckel caused the concussion and not Hedman though?
Could have been either but looking at both hits, you'd think Steckel's was the cause...

And Baggs, I'm sure you'd be calling for someone's head if they injured Savard, but if I'm not mistaken...you were also condoning payback on the Pens when Cooke injured Savard right? And you WERE jumping down throats when it happened...

Correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%