Marbury To China

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stephon Marbury will become the highest profile American to play in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) after he agreed to join China's Shanxi Club.

"The aim of signing Marbury is to pay back our fans and try to win more games in the rest of the season," said Shanxi boss Wang Xingjiang.

Marbury wanted to promote his personal brand of shoes in China and will not receive an exorbitant salary.

Shanxi last season hired former NBA player Bonzi Wells, who scored as many as 50 points a game.
The most shocking part of the article was finding out Bonzi had the ability to score 50 a game lol.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bonzi is the man tho Rip. I mean, he turned down a 5 year 39m contract from the Kings for a 5m offer with Houston. SMH lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bonzi is the man tho Rip. I mean, he turned down a 5 year 39m contract from the Kings for a 5m offer with Houston. SMH lol
Lmao you should be thanking G*d every day for that lmao.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marbury is only gonna make $25K per month, a far cry from the $22M he pocketed last year. He's only going to China to sell sneakers. I guess he figures if those ugly-as-sin Peak's are as hot as Nike's...then perhaps the "Starburys" can be next.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hey we'll be see in marbury scoring 75 points a game lol. But yeah all he is doin is promote his shoe and then he can get cheap labor for his shoes haha.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive always like Marbury, lost a little love for him after last years "No star should play for the Knicks" comment

But he is a misunderstood dude, he does more for the community then most NBA players and it goes unnoticed because he doesnt run it in anyone's face, so I wish him well in China.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol that video is so funny. Man is a weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%