Lucroy vetos deal to Indians

FutureTwin

Reaction score
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Jonathan Lucroyhas exercised his no-trade clause and vetoed a trade that would have sent him to the Indians in exchange for four prospects (Twitter link).
It was reported last night that the Brewers and Indians had agreed to a trade sending Lucroy to Cleveland in exchange for four minor leaguers: catcher Francisco Mejia, shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang, outfielder Greg Allen and right-hander Shawn Armstrong. However, despite repeated statements about his desire to play for a contending club, Lucroy has chosen not to play for the Indians, who were one of the eight teams to which he could veto a trade under his contract’s limited no-trade provision.

source mlbtraderumours

@videofreak8 some good news for you i assume?

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
So he wanted to play for a winning team anywhere outside of Cleveland. He just wants to go to New York is pretty much what he's saying.

FutureTwin

Reaction score
videofreak8 said:
So he wanted to play for a winning team anywhere outside of Cleveland. He just wants to go to New York is pretty much what he's saying.

that is what i'd be guessing lol but i don't really view the mets as contenders myself, way to streaky

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Indians trade 2 of their best 5 prospects to get Miller but still have a .180 AVG C now.

lol 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%