Luck decides to stay at Stanford

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The secondary is awful, their is no QB or OL worth taking there and I honestly don't believe in any of the QBs in this draft class to be anything except maybe Gabbert. Joe Webb can win football games. He's showed flashes in the few games he's played and he's just a rookie. With some development he can definitely be a serviceable NFL QB, not to mention I think the Vikings will take McNabb.

The Edge

Reaction score
This became more and more evident as the Orange bowl drew closer. Luck is no dummy and he's not from a lower middle class household. The NFL is heading into the worst labor situation since the 60's, no guarantees that anyone gets paid, much less play in 2011, so why take such a gamble?

"BUT HE COULD GET HURT ZOMG!!" You can't live your life and make career choices based off 'what ifs'. Football players, especially quarterbacks, that play to a high level don't play out of any fears. That Stanford offensive line does a mighty fine job protecting Luck on every single play.

Tough break for Carolina but they still have some potential in Jimmy Clausen. Remember how perfect he was for their system? That system may change a bit but you can't judge a kid who was thrown onto the field way too early and with the worst team in the league.

Do the Dolphins and Jim Harbaugh tank the 2011 season, if there is one?? LOL
This and the fact that he has 2 years of eligibility left and the entire Manning Family advising him. Yes he could get hurt but I'm sure the NFL would rather see him as a 3 or 4 year player in College with some polish rather than getting him into the NFL. I mean this guy has a rare opportunity to come out of college and literally dictate where he goes.

He gets to decide whether to come out this year and go to the Panthers. Or stick around and give Harbaugh 2 years to tank in SF so he can stay with him(which for some reason I think WILL happen.)

He's the most sure thing since, well Peyton Manning I guess...and really I can't see anyone blaming this guy for choosing to not be a part of the Panthers organization. I mean there is a reason that 2 of their QBs were in the bottom 10 in Defensive Yards Above Average(including the worst QB in the NFL last season.) There isn't much there. I think Luck made the right choice and he can again next year if another crap team ends up with the #1 pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%