Luck decides to stay at Stanford

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will return for his junior season and skip the 2011 NFL draft, the school announced on Thursday.

"I am committed to earning my degree in architectural design from Stanford University and am on track to accomplish this at the completion of the spring quarter of 2012", Luck said in a statement.

Luck was considered the consensus No. 1 pick if he decided to leave school after his sophomore season. He led the Cardinal to a 12-1 record this season, capped off by a 40-12 win over Virginia Tech in the Discover Orange Bowl.

Luck completed 70 percent of his passes in the 2010 season for 3,338 yards and 32 touchdowns. He threw only eight interceptions in 372 passing attempts.

Luck finished second in the Heisman Trophy balloting to Auburn quarterback Cam Newton.

He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining at Stanford.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Oh boy, Carolina Panther(s) fans aren't going to be happy about this, they were getting their hopes up with this guy leading them for years to come. I thought he'd declare and play in the NFL but I was wrong. Wonder if this means Jim Harbaugh will be staying at Stanford. They might take Bowers now, they need a DE or DT.

Ace Shap

Reaction score
This kills the draft. Panthers might take PP7, he's a stud

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This became more and more evident as the Orange bowl drew closer. Luck is no dummy and he's not from a lower middle class household. The NFL is heading into the worst labor situation since the 60's, no guarantees that anyone gets paid, much less play in 2011, so why take such a gamble?

"BUT HE COULD GET HURT ZOMG!!" You can't live your life and make career choices based off 'what ifs'. Football players, especially quarterbacks, that play to a high level don't play out of any fears. That Stanford offensive line does a mighty fine job protecting Luck on every single play.

Tough break for Carolina but they still have some potential in Jimmy Clausen. Remember how perfect he was for their system? That system may change a bit but you can't judge a kid who was thrown onto the field way too early and with the worst team in the league.

Do the Dolphins and Jim Harbaugh tank the 2011 season, if there is one?? LOL

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
IMO Carolina should move down to like 12th overall, and try getting a 2nd round pick extra.

Robert Quinn could be interesting. Great UNC DE, wears 49. Julius Peppers wore 49 for UNC also...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
IMO Carolina should move down to like 12th overall, and try getting a 2nd round pick extra.

Robert Quinn could be interesting. Great UNC DE, wears 49. Julius Peppers wore 49 for UNC also...
Would be perfect for the Vikings to trade their 2nd and snag the #1 overall pick, then they could snag Patrick Peterson.

Barcode

Reaction score
Luck might have made a slight impact in CAR, but the team in a wreck from the top down. This is a serious rebuilding project. Ownership made zero effort to retain or sign players this past off season, Richardson fired both of his sons from the team and they have a massive talent black hole at several positions.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still don't think its the smartest idea. If he doesn't improve next season, this will be a bad move. Even if there is a lockout, he can still go back to school and get that degree. I think its a bad move. But we'll see how he does next season.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Panthers getting fucked over just like the Jets got fucked over by Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning could have come out when the Jets had the 1st pick but he went back to school and the rest is history.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
LOL at Peterson going number 1. I see them keeping this and going after the UNC DE.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a genius and getting his degree is gonna help him

But his stock will probably fall

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Why couldn't Peterson go 1st overall? He's easily a top 3 player in this draft.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Carolina needs a D-Lineman to replace Peppers. They'll either draft Fairley or Bowers.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would be perfect for the Vikings to trade their 2nd and snag the #1 overall pick, then they could snag Patrick Peterson.
With a huge need for a quarterback and gaping holes in our offensive line....drafting another cornerback is not on the 1st round agenda. And I am pretty confident in that fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%