Love Declares Himself Best Power Forward, Won't Commit To Signing Max Deal With Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In an interview with 1500ESPN.com, Kevin Love was asked to pick the better power forward between he and Blake Griffin.

“I believe I'm the best '4' in the league,” he said. “I think you have to believe that you're the best. I think Mohammad Ali even said, 'I was the greatest before I knew I was.' I think everybody needs to have that mindset. That's part of winning the mind game from the very start. You have to believe it. You have to hold yourself accountable."

Love, 23, also touched on the possibility of the Wolves offering a maximum contract that would pay him as much as $80 million over five years.

“I don't know,” he said. “I don't know the answer to that at this point. It's all in my agent's (Jeff Schwartz) hands. People can speculate and say what they want, but I will just go out there, play basketball, and help this team win.”

While he wouldn't commit to signing an extension if the opportunity presented itself, Love also didn't rule out staying in Minnesota.

“I just don't know what I am going to do,” he said. “I'm happy to be a Timberwolf at this point and happy we're winning games.”

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes right. its not a knock on any other four. if you want to be the best you must believe you already are the best. though, i do think hes better than blake but blake is the funner player to watch.

i read a few articles saying hes leaving it to his agent. the fact that its rumored he hasnt asked for an extension and they havent offered yet makes me think that he may opt to see what other teams value him as.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
hes right. its not a knock on any other four. if you want to be the best you must believe you already are the best. though, i do think hes better than blake but blake is the funner player to watch.

i read a few articles saying hes leaving it to his agent. the fact that its rumored he hasnt asked for an extension and they havent offered yet makes me think that he may opt to see what other teams value him as.
He's gonna get max offers on the open market, that's a guarantee.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i mean if hes a player they build around or a player they add to their current roster. which teams will even have space? either way i dont see minny just letting him walk anyways.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I like the way Kevin plays, dude looks like a cool guy to hang out with. He's 4th in ppg and 1st in rpg so he definitely is close to being the best PF in the game which I said a couple of days ago. Dude is going to be a great player for a long time, you can definitely see that.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Blake Griffin isn't close to as good as Kevin Love, but Blake is the biggest bitch in the NBA. Every time he doesn't get a rebound or misses a shot he glares at an official, whereas how often do you see Love even arguing a call? Watching Blake Griffin is like watching a spoiled child out there. Watching Kevin Love is watching a mature adult whose attitude is allowing him to mature as a player.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my take from this is he wants to go, but will stay if they give him the max

i feel Rubio is big. without him, i dont think he stays long term. now im thinking he'll re-up, but only if the Wolves give him the max

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving - Bradley Beal - Omri Casspi - Kevin Love - Tristan Thompson

Looks nice imo

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's been playing in Minnesota, so heading to Cleveland isn't a huge downgrade. And after we get by the city bullshit, the Cavs have a pretty strong young nucleus, with a lot of cap space. Obviously though, star players don't think like that. They only care if you're a big market.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it is far to christen him as the best PF in the league. Dude is fucking unreal.
I would of never guessed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Isn't he going to be a restricted free agent?
T-Wolves would obviously match any offer he gets.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
What I am getting from this is if the wolves have a good year, he will stay for the max. If the wolves are shitty like every year he will look for a new team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He really doesn't have a choice.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
In order for the T-Wolves to be able to match any offer he gets they would have to submit a qualifying offer which is something similar to his current salary I believe. He can accept that and not sign an offer sheet from another team and become and unrestricted FA after next season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
minny is going to have a shitty year though 701, they will next year too. they suck and dont have their pick. if he doesnt wanna be there then he'll do what BC said.

also, cheato said TT play the five in his dream lineup.. i said that in the draft thread and i believe even he said i was crazy for thinking TT could play the five.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
minny is going to have a shitty year though 701, they will next year too. they suck and dont have their pick. if he doesnt wanna be there then he'll do what BC said.

also, cheato said TT play the five in his dream lineup.. i said that in the draft thread and i believe even he said i was crazy for thinking TT could play the five.
He wouldn't be a true 5, but there aren't many good centers in the league, so I think he could do fine defensively. Obviously Kevin Love isn't coming to Cleveland, but I'd rather TT play center then Love if it did happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%