Lottery Mock By Yours Truly

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is not really a mock, this is what I would do if I was the GM of all the teams. I don't expect much of this to happen at all.

1. New Orleans Hornets - Anthony Davis, PF/C, Kentucky

2. Charlotte Bobcats - Bradley Beal, SG, Florida

2nd best player in the draft, can't be picky if you're Charlotte, just take the BPA.

3. Washington Wizards - Michael Kidd Gilchrist, SF, Kentucky

I was stumped on this one. I could make a case for any of MKG, T-Rob or Drummond but ultimately I would go with MKG. They just started getting rid of all the knuckleheads on their team, and he fits the mold of what they're more than likely looking for now. For this to work they're going to need a sharpshooting SG with Wall and MKG being poor shooters.

4. Cleveland Cavaliers - Andre Drummond, C, Connecticut

I think more highly of Drummond than most, so this is an easy one for me. Drummond and Kyrie would be deadly on the pick and roll and would give the Cavs a rim protector they haven't had in years. Has a questionable motor but he's a freak athlete and hard to pass up.

5. Sacramento Kings - Thomas Robinson, PF, Kansas

I think Harrison Barnes would be a good fit here, but I like Thomas Robinson a lot more. Him and Cousins would be a wonderful PF/C combo and hard to stop offensively.

6. Portland Trail Blazers - Damian Lillard, PG, Webber State

I admittedly do not know much about Lilard, but he is heralded as the best PG in the draft while coming from a small school. Pre-draft workouts will probably boost his stock and the Blazers desperately need a PG.

7. Golden State Warriors - Perry Jones, SF/PF, Baylor

SF is the only real need on the Warriors, and Perry Jones has a huge upside but also a huge bust risk. Not sure how he'll be able to guard SFs in the NBA but if he puts it together he could be a big time scorer, especially with Curry and Thompson opening up the floor on the outside, lot of room to operate.

8. Toronto Raptors - Jeremy Lamb, SG, Connecticut

Smooth operator, has range on his jumper, athletic, can create off the dribble. All around he should be a very solid offensive player. There is some talk of not having a killer instinct or something along those lines, but I wouldn't worry about it.

9. Detroit Pistons - Harrions Barnes, SF, North Carolina

He won't fall this far in the draft, but I'm not a huge fan of him so this is where I would have him. At this point he would be pretty good value for the Pistons. Should be a good shooter and a good defender. Can't do much off the dribble and can't create for himself.

10. New Orleans Hornets - Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State

The Hornets could be looking at Kendall Marshall here, but I would go with Sully. His ceiling isn't the highest, but he's better with his back to the basket than anyone in this draft aside from Anthony Davis, has a mid range jumper and is pretty strong around the basket. Anthony Davis would hide some of his defensive deficiencies.

11. Portland Trail Blazers - Austin Rivers, SG, Duke

They have Wes Matthews at SG, but he isn't someone that should stop you from taking a SG in the draft. I love Rivers, and think he'll be a big time scorer, but this will look too high for anyone else.

12. Milwaukee Bucks - Terrence Ross, SF, Washington

In need of a SF, I'd take Terrence Ross. I think he and Harrison Barnes are pretty similar, and you'd be getting Ross 3 spots lower. Can't go with any small guard here and no big is good enough to take.

13. Phoenix Suns - Dion Waiters, SG, Syracuse

This would be great value for the Suns. Waiters is a great athlete with a decent jumper, definitely has some room to improve their and if his jumper does improve he could be a lethal offensive player. Can create his own shot.

14. Houston Rockets - Quincy Miller, SF, Baylor

I don't think he will go this high, but I think the potential is too much to pass up when you're picking 14th and deciding between Tyler Zeller, Terrence Jones, etc.. instead. Miller has an all-around game, inside and out, can defend, rebound. Didn't play great at Baylor but he was recovering from an ACL injury.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I doubt Portland would take a PG and a tweener at SG who is pretty much a PG.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Interesting. In this scenario I'd rather see the Hornets go Marshall, Waiters, Ross, or even Rivers.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i know you said harrison wouldnt be there but id be happy with that pick im just not sure what the team thinks of daye, i think we would still draft a bigman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%