LOL Big Z

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/6857967/carlos-zambrano-ejected-tells-chicago-cubs-retiring
ATLANTA -- Carlos Zambrano may have thrown his last pitch as a member of the Chicago Cubs -- or any other club. And if that is indeed the case, it happened in typically bizarre Zambrano fashion.

Zambrano was ejected in the fifth inning of Friday's game after twice pitching aggressively inside on Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones. After the ejection, Zambrano cleaned out his locker, left the locker room before the game was over and told Chicago Cubs team personnel he was considering retiring, according to manager Mike Quade.

Zambrano's apparent attempts to hit Jones came after the Braves hit back-to-back homers -- off the bats of Freddie Freeman and Dan Uggla. Zambrano surrendered five homers in the game prior to his ejection, tying a club record. Zambrano's second inside pitch caused numerous Braves to leave the bench, but none got past the first-base foul line.

On the night, Zambrano gave up eight runs on eight hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched.

Zambrano was ejected by home-plate umpire Tim Timmons.
Damn Big Z

dcpwner

Reaction score
I lold he honestly could have been a top tier pitcher...but instead he ends ip the butt end of a bad joke. If he ever grew up and learned to take care of his attitude and emotions he could have been great...but this shit is laughable even (especially?) as a cubs fan.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I lold he honestly could have been a top tier pitcher...but instead he ends ip the butt end of a bad joke. If he ever grew up and learned to take care of his attitude and emotions he could have been great...but this shit is laughable even (especially?) as a cubs fan.
I knew he wouldn't be great as a number one. Some people can't take the pressure of it and he definitely couldn't take it. And he didn't absolutely have number one stuff either.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should just convert to a batter.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is the last straw for me...

I've always been on his side, but this does it for me. The guy completely quit on his teammates. It's time for both parties to move on. It sucks that he says he's "retiring," because now the Cubs basically have no leverage in a trade, not that we would get much for him.

Watch him go to a true winning organization and have a great season though. I just think the guy wants to win so bad that he can't handle the losing situation in Chicago and it causes him to do shit like this. If he was on a team like the Yankees or Red Sox or Cardinals, this shit would never happen. The Cubs are a joke and have put up with his games for way to long.

If he's able to go to a team like the Yankees and be the #3/4 starter, he'll have a hell of a year. He also won't be causing problems, because he just wants to win. It'll be interesting to see what happens after he returns from this 30-day suspension or whatever he's on.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He could even go to a team like the White Sox and succeed, because he at least respects Ozzie.

Nobody respects Quade's lame ass.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cubs Ban Zambrano For 30 Days Without Pay

The Cubs have suspended right-hander Carlos Zambrano for 30 days without pay.

Chicago officially placed Zambrano on the disqualified list without contact with the team.

"His actions last night were totally intolerable," general manager Jim Hendry said. "This was the most stringent penalty we could enforce without a release."

After giving up five home runs in a 10-4 loss to the Braves and getting ejected for throwing at Chipper Jones on Friday, Zambrano cleaned out his locker and told trainers and clubhouse people during the game that he was "retiring."

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah dude's a freaking drama queen. I guess the anger management program he did in the off season was a waste lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%