Lohse May Get Game 7?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Cardinals would prefer not to face the decision but for now remain inclined to start Kyle Lohse in a possible Game 7.

Lohse endured a third consecutive abbreviated start this postseason during the Cardinals' 16-7 win over the Texas Rangers in Saturday's Game 3. Lohse, who has thrown a total 12 2/3 innings in three starts, including two losses, would be on turn to pitch the Series finale barring an adjustment to the rotation.

Manager Tony La Russa and pitching coach Dave Duncan discussed the topic Sunday morning but have yet to make a final decision, according to the manager, who described his current outlook as "today is the last game of our life." However, given there will be a game today and perhaps beyond, current organizational thinking projects Lohse for Game 7 with an expectation that he navigate the Rangers' lineup no more than twice.

"I've given Kyle's appearance yesterday some thought and put in the context of the other ones. Dave and I drove to the ballpark today and discussed it some. But it's all about today, period," La Russa said.

The staff's regular season leader in wins and starter ERA, Lohse carries a 7.82 postseason ERA built atop 18 hits, four home runs and three walks. Opponents have reached him for a .321 average, second highest on the staff. La Russa assured that Chris Carpenter is committed to start tonight's Game 5 with Jaime Garcia set to start Game 6 at Busch Stadium.
STLToday.com

Obviously he's not the best choice given his postseason numbers, but I don't really see an alternative to start a possible game 7.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
THey could be. Although, keep in mind Game 3 was in Texas, and his career numbers in texas are 6 games, 5 starts, an ERA over 6. His numbers in St. Louis are 3.37 ERA.

They would just have to hope they see the typical at home Kyle Lohse in a game 7.

And I think Harrison would be his opponent in a Game 7, and he got rocked in game 3 so it could be a very interesting matchup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%