Lions Decide To Part Ways With Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
The Detroit Lions have decided to part ways with defensive tackle Shaun Rogers, according to reports in Detroit.

The Lions have decided to trade or release Rogers, according to reports. Coach Rod Marinelli and team spokesman Bill Keenist have both said they expect all players under contract to return.

Rogers, who has served one four-game suspension for taking a banned dietary supplement and could face an eight-game suspension if he tests positive again, has three years left on his contract.

In addition, Rogers, who was coming off knee and shoulder surgeries last offseason, was listed at 340 pounds but weighed at least 360.

Rogers, who has been to two Pro Bowls, had a good start to the season and was named NFC defensive player of the week after returning a 66-yard interception for a touchdown and recording 2½ sacks in the Lions' 44-7 victory over the Denver Broncos in Week 9. But in the six-game losing streak that followed, he disappeared.

On Jan. 17, Marinelli said that he expects every player under contract to report for the Lions' offseason conditioning program, including Rogers, but he realized that Rogers' weight would be an issue.

"He was a good player for us for nine games," Marinelli said at the time. "But it's the endurance all the way through the season, that's what I'm looking for."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3210519

If were going to get rid of him, better get something out of it

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea I don't think we should just let him go.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trade him....

I want him to go too. Peace out you fat waste of space.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Trade him....

I want him to go too. Peace out you fat waste of space.
LMAO... Without him we wouldn't be 7-9. In the first 8 games when we started out 6-2 he was one of the main reasons we played well on defense, getting pressure and creating double teams. I would really like to keep him. What's the worse that could happen? He plays like he did the last 7 games? Still better then our backup Shaun Cody or Moore. He is a gamechanger, and I don't see us releasing him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is a lazy football player. Plain and simple.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
He is a lazy football player. Plain and simple.
So what did you not read what I said. He's a game changer. We would be like 4-12 if we didn't have him at all. When we were 6-2, why was that? Because the defensive was getting turnovers, how do you think they got that?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Take a look at all the rest of the games....Why do you think we lost those?

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Take a look at all the rest of the games....Why do you think we lost those?
I already said that, but think about how were going to be without him, the same way we played the last 8 games. If you understand what I'm saying is, why get rid of a guy who could be a complete game changer for a 2nd or 3rd rounder if we are lucky? Why not keep him, let him play the games he can play in without getting tired in and let him do his thang? It's stupid to get rid of him for little to nothing.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I already said that, but think about how were going to be without him, the same way we played the last 8 games. If you understand what I'm saying is, why get rid of a guy who could be a complete game changer for a 2nd or 3rd rounder if we are lucky? Why not keep him, let him play the games he can play in without getting tired in and let him do his thang? It's stupid to get rid of him for little to nothing.
I agree with this.
it's pointless to trade him for a 3rd rounder or even release him.
We can keep him and have him play when he can...But then again we can keep him and put him on a DIET!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he can stop being lazy, I say keep him. But I mean if he plays the way he did at the end of the season it's going to be just as bad as letting him go.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
He probably won't go on a diet.

He would do better then whoever would replace him at DT.

Carpet Man

Reaction score
Nobody is nearly as good of a run-stopper as Big Daddy.I mean yeah he had some off games but, He isn`t the exact reason we finished the way we did.One main reason is Paris Lenon.I may be semi-biased about this but, If he just layed on the ball in the Cowboys game instead of trying to pick it up, Lions would have one and not lose another game they should have one.After that loss, It was like they didn`t feel like trying to win anymore games.They should have beat the Packers and the Cowboys, as well as a few other games and would have gotten a spot in the playoffs.Next year the`re SB bound though, With Calvin Johnson as MVP.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If anyone wants the Lions to get rid of Shaun Rogers there stupid... He's clogs up the middle and stops the running game (for the most part) and he's about the only one that can actually get pressure on a QB. If they got rid of him that'd be a huge mistake. He can come over to Cincy. I'll gladly take him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%