Lightning On The Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaka

Reaction score
All of the talk against the Lightning this past year it's good to see they are on the up and up. They lead the East with 30 goals scored and are tied for the best record in Hockey.

Guy Boucher has been talking about playing gritty and and fundamental hockey. I think he's done wonders with the squad. A lot of odds and ends players who are really stepping up for us and then of coarse you have the Martin, Vinny, Stamkos to lead the squad.

Thoughts?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Ive said this before the season started. This team is talented and expirienced enough to make the playoffs and Stevie Y has done a great job as a GM. Stamkos is also evolving into one of the most explosive players in the league. The guy has been unstopable this season.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Called it as soon as they drafted the best player in the NHL.

Stamkos is my 2nd favorite player in the NHL for a few reasons. First, the dude can score. He has amazing hockey sense, he knows where everyone is on the ice, his play is just dynamic.
Second, he's tough. If you search on youtube for Stamkos hit you will probably see him getting wrecked more than anything, but he has laid a few good ones out. He's fought a few times as well, and not like Sidney Cros<Censored> fight, like he won and fought like a man fought. I think it was against Zherdev in their rookie year. He's probably fought since then too.

St. Louis and LeCavalier too. Now you just need Gagne to get his <Censored> together. Downie has stepped up his play as the team's top two-way forward, and he seems to fit in well.

Shaka

Reaction score
I think Ive said this before the season started. This team is talented and expirienced enough to make the playoffs and Stevie Y has done a great job as a GM. Stamkos is also evolving into one of the most explosive players in the league. The guy has been unstopable this season.
Agreed. Stevie Y has put the league on watch. He's the best young GM out there.

Shaka

Reaction score
Called it as soon as they drafted the best player in the NHL.

Stamkos is my 2nd favorite player in the NHL for a few reasons. First, the dude can score. He has amazing hockey sense, he knows where everyone is on the ice, his play is just dynamic.
Second, he's tough. If you search on youtube for Stamkos hit you will probably see him getting wrecked more than anything, but he has laid a few good ones out. He's fought a few times as well, and not like Sidney Cros<Censored> fight, like he won and fought like a man fought. I think it was against Zherdev in their rookie year. He's probably fought since then too.

St. Louis and LeCavalier too. Now you just need Gagne to get his <Censored> together. Downie has stepped up his play as the team's top two-way forward, and he seems to fit in well.
Even Nate Thompson and Dana Tyrell have played well in few minutes. We've got kids and wash ups alike who are playing above their expected level. Everyone on this team believes we have a legitimate contender this season. It's fun to watch them fight all game long.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Even Nate Thompson and Dana Tyrell have played well in few minutes. We've got kids and wash ups alike who are playing above their expected level. Everyone on this team believes we have a legitimate contender this season. It's fun to watch them fight all game long.
and succeed.
It's nice to finally be able to watch my 2 favorite teams win :)

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
After his twenty-three goal rookie season, I was a little bit worried he wasn't going to become the player everyone expected. Now Stamkos is one of the most elite snipers in the game, if not the most elite.

Now about Vinny's contract, have fun there......

Shaka

Reaction score
After his twenty-three goal rookie season, I was a little bit worried he wasn't going to become the player everyone expected. Now Stamkos is one of the most elite snipers in the game, if not the most elite.

Now about Vinny's contract, have fun there......
Stevie Y will move it like he moves every other crap contract. He's a beast like that. We'll get young talent for an aging and expensive Vinny soon enough. For now.. he's still playing well for us.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
This made me laugh. I'm not denying that he is a tough player but your reasoning for him being tough is hilarious. Beating Zherdev in a fight isn't something to be proud of. And no, he hasn't fought since. That was his only fight.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
This made me laugh. I'm not denying that he is a tough player but your reasoning for him being tough is hilarious. Beating Zherdev in a fight isn't something to be proud of. And no, he hasn't fought since. That was his only fight.
Just an example.
Don't get me started on how much of a <Censored> cros<Censored> is.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Just an example.
Don't get me started on how much of a <Censored> cros<Censored> is.
It was a horrible example. If anything it makes him look less tough. And what does Crosby have to do with any of this?... lol

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
It was a horrible example. If anything it makes him look less tough. And what does Crosby have to do with any of this?... lol
comparing toughness of superstars to other superstars.

Ovechkin > Stamkos > Malkin > Everyone Else > Eggshells > Crysby

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
comparing toughness of superstars to other superstars.

Ovechkin > Stamkos > Malkin > Everyone Else > Eggshells > Crysby
I don't think anyone ever said Crosby was tough to begin with so I'm not sure what your point is..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%