LeBron James Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Michigan State Tom Izzo has spurned yet another NBA opportunity.

The 55-year-old Spartans coach turned down the Cleveland Cavaliers job Tuesday — largely due to the uncertainty of whether NBA star LeBron James will re-sign with the team.

"I knew at the beginning that whatever decision I made would be a decision for life," Izzo said during a news conference on campus.

"I am going to be a lifer. This is what I'm going to be, and I'm damn proud of it."

Izzo, who has led the Spartans to six Final Fours in the past 12 years, met with Cavaliers officials on Thursday.

"Just as I decided to stay home, I hope a 6-8, 270-pound forward in Cleveland decides to stay home," Izzo said in a statement Tuesday.

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, a Michigan State alum, offered Izzo a deal worth in the neighborhood of $6 million per year.

"I’m no different than any other successful coach in that I’ve had multiple inquiries before, but this one was uniquely intriguing," Izzo added. "There was a lot of information to gather and consider and some of it wasn’t easily obtainable. But when making a life decision, I owed it to myself and my family to do my due diligence. From that I never wavered. And I’m pleased to say I am here for life at Michigan State."

Source: foxsports.com

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did anybody just see the special on sportscenter about lebron and worldwide wes?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some nba scout or something (we don't know for sure what he does but he knows stuff before it happens..) on realcavsfans warned everybody about Wes a long time ago lol.

Don't know how Wes got so much power around the league. wtf does he do..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some nba scout or something (we don't know for sure what he does but he knows stuff before it happens..) on realcavsfans warned everybody about Wes a long time ago lol.

Don't know how Wes got so much power around the league. wtf does he do..
He gets a hold of these guys while their in HS. He's the reason Wall went to UK, Wagner went to Memphis, Reke went to Memphis and rose. Like you said nobody really knows what he does. But he checks up on these guys and gets them shoe deals and is constantly in their ear til the day they retire.

Most people think he's a crook..but nobody knows what hes done wrong. But hes the most powerful man in bball imo.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
according to sportcenter he was also on the sideline while the cowboys were winning lol.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dag lol Worldwide Wes sounds like a supervillian the way yall described him lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldnt portray him as a hero. He's just wes..nobody knows what he does or how he knows all these kids. Him and Cal are running a nbdl squad at UK.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There may have been another shift in the speculation surrounding where LeBron James will sign when he becomes a free agent in less than two weeks.

During an interview on ESPN Radio in New York, Stephen A. Smith said sources have told him that James is now leaning toward signing with the Knicks and that this factor played a role in Tom Izzo turning down the Cavs’ head coaching job.

“LeBron didn’t speak to Izzo because he doesn’t want to have anything to do with who the next coach of the Cavs is going to be just in case he leaves,” Smith said.

“From what my sources tell me, he still hasn’t made a final decision but he’s higher on New York now than he was a month ago. And the reality is that he is leaning more towards New York than he is towards returning to Cleveland. Izzo knew this,” he said.

Smith suggests that the prospect of competing head to head with Michael Jordan's legacy in Chicago is dampening James' interest in the Bulls.

“He and his people have been digging deeper and deeper ... to inquire about Donnie Walsh and Mike D’Antoni around the league,” he continued. “They have been asking questions over the last week, very in-depth questions, about the New York Knicks organization.”

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67266/20100618/lebrons_team_asking_more_questions_about_knicks/#ixzz0rj3WRFZg
hmmmmmm

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stephen A Smith has had LeBron in a Knicks uniform since he was drafted.. Nothing he says is relevant at this point.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stephen A has been on point lately though
he only comes out with reports if he's absolutely certain

remember his AI stories.
1 he's going to sign with the sixers, and 2, his gambling problems that led him to take the rest of the season off

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I said.. He's had LeBron in New York since he was drafted.. Don't care if he's been correct before.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im going to trust him here
he's not Vescey

he has the know when it comes to Philly and NY

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stephen A is a useless human being, he's been fired from 2 places already because all he did was write about injustices towards blacks in the NBA without providing any evidence, and that he doesn't know diddly-squat about the NBA - and he loves to name drop.

With that said, he's right. LeBron is a Knick.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And yet no one has the know into LeBron..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol i dont read his articles, but i just know he only comes out lately with reports if he has a pretty good feeling

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0dxbYnZD7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0dxbYnZD7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow lol, Letterman ripped on the Nets right in front of Jay-Z lmao

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how does a russian guy make a billion dollars? russians arent billionaires. how is he so rich? hmm..

lol

dcpwner

Reaction score
IMO its Chicago, we wouldnt trade away Hinrich and our 17th pick for a 2nd rounder unless we knew something.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And the Knicks wouldn't trade draft picks to open up space unless they knew something, and the Heat wouldn't be trading Cook with #18 to save space unless they knew something.. All these teams are taking a risk and gutting their teams just for a chance, they don't know much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%