Kyle Singler goes to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

spangar

Reaction score
Former South Medford star Kyle Singler, who was widely regarded as a first-round pick a year ago when he led Duke to the national championship as a junior, dropped to the second round of NBA draft Thursday night.

The Detroit Pistons selected Singler in the second round, with the 33rd overall pick.

Singler, at 6-foot-9 and 225 pounds, is considered a "tweener" in the NBA -- small for a power forward, slow for a small forward.

Singler spent all four years at Duke and turned into one of the country's most consistent scorers. He averaged 16.5, 17.7 and 16.9 points per game, respectively, over his final three seasons. Many have speculated that Singler hurt his draft position by returning to Duke for his senior year, when his shooting percentage and scoring average dropped.

Singler's teammate, point guard Kyrie Irving, was the first pick of the draft even though he missed more than half of the season with a foot injury. Another Duke guard, Nolan Smith, went to Portland with the No. 21 pick of the first round.

Detroit chose Kentucky guard Brandon Knight with its first-round pick -- the eighth overall.
What do you guys think?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Think he's got a good chance there. I'd like to hear the Pistons' fans opinion on this though.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty good pick up for us, he has a good shot at being in the rotation.

.loggie

Reaction score
steve novak 2.0
just kidding, singler could pan out to be a decent starter in this league
i always did thing he was overrated in college though

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the pick actually. He is going to start out likely as the backup to Daye at the 3.
Working with Kander, he is going to either make him bigger or faster to give him a set position down the road.
I like the pick though, if he develops a more consistent jumpshot, he is going to be a key player to this team down the road.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They called Kyle Korver and Chase Budinger a tweener too and thats what I see Singler as a mix of both of them... Hell stretch the floor and hit down shots and he can play defense. I hate scouts but this kid is a ball player... Hell do what he needs to do to win.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Singler isn't nearly as good a shooter as those two

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I love Duke and I always liked Singler. I never imagined him to be in a Pistons uniform so I am kind of ecstatic about this pick. I think he will get big minutes behind Daye at the 3. Or perhaps he will even start. I just cant wait to see him play in a Pistons uni.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that this pick means that Tayshaun is gone.
Cause bringing Tayshaun back means Singler would get no playing time.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im saying this now, he'll have a jonas type season..

i did NOT like the jonas pick either.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They called Kyle Korver and Chase Budinger a tweener too and thats what I see Singler as a mix of both of them... Hell stretch the floor and hit down shots and he can play defense. I hate scouts but this kid is a ball player... Hell do what he needs to do to win.
Chase is way more athletic than singler....

But dude should be a decent backup

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Pistons fans will love Singler. He hustles every minute he's in the game and does whatever it takes to win. Get ready for plays like this:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gwb9x0yGtYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I'm not his biggest fan but I think he has a shot at being a decent role player in the league. I don't see him being anything more though.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons fans will love Singler. He hustles every minute he's in the game and does whatever it takes to win. Get ready for plays like this:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gwb9x0yGtYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
For sure lol. I'm pumped about him.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I don't like that he comes from Duke, and therefor, I didn't like him in college. That being said, i'm glad he is a Piston. He is one hell of a competitor and is a very smart player.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
I'm very interested in how he develops. Could be something good, or could be something to forget. We'll find out eventually.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One thing I don't like about Singler is that he is ugly as fuck lol.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Other than Jimmer, I've never seen so much talk about such a mediocre player lol

He'll probably get 5 minutes a game for his career

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What exactly makes him mediocre? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%