Kobe wins MVP award

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Well deserved by Kobe, the only thing I don't like about this is that if LA finished 2nd or 3rd in the standings somebody else would have won it just by being in first place.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well deserved by Kobe, the only thing I don't like about this is that if LA finished 2nd or 3rd in the standings somebody else would have won it just by being in first place.

And they would deserve it. Most likley if Kobe doesnt get the MVP award Chris Paul would have, and IMO Paul also had a MVP type season, definently better then any of Nash's MVP years.

Before this season I thought it was impossible for a PG to win a MVP award (I feel Nash just won it b/c nobody else qualified, and Magic won b/c he did WAY more then expected for a PG) but Paul proved me wrong, and I look foward to watching him next year.

kdogg

Reaction score
And they would deserve it. Most likley if Kobe doesnt get the MVP award Chris Paul would have, and IMO Paul also had a MVP type season, definently better then any of Nash's MVP years.

Before this season I thought it was impossible for a PG to win a MVP award (I feel Nash just won it b/c nobody else qualified, and Magic won b/c he did WAY more then expected for a PG) but Paul proved me wrong, and I look foward to watching him next year.
So your saying if San Antonio ended up being in 1st place that Tim Duncan deserved to be MVP?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So your saying if San Antonio ended up being in 1st place that Tim Duncan deserved to be MVP?

No, the only other team that had a chance of ending up #1 towards the end of the season was the Hornets. Thus Paul would have one, and deservably so...

kdogg

Reaction score
No, the only other team that had a chance of ending up #1 towards the end of the season was the Hornets. Thus Paul would have one, and deservably so...
But the Spurs ended up with the same record as the Hornets...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But the Spurs ended up with the same record as the Hornets...

Only because they falted in what? the last game? fact is the Spurs really didnt have much of a chnace to finish number 1. At the end of the season it came down to the Hornets and the Lakers. And it was clear, whatever team finished number 1 would have their star player win the MVP award.

Duncan never was even in the race. It was reall b/t Kobe, Paul, and KG.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Actually, I'd take Wilt/Kareem/Shaq over Kobe. And considering where they both are in their careers right now I'd take Bron...

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually, I'd take Wilt/Kareem/Shaq over Kobe. And considering where they both are in their careers right now I'd take Bron...
I actually agree with the last statement as much as i love kobe's game and killer instinct i think i would rather have lebron.

loopydude3

Reaction score
If the reports are true and I have to believe they are. First of all let me say Congrats to Kobe but also How long do you think it will take Chris Paul to win an MVP award? As long as Kobe did or longer or do you think CP3 will ever win the MVP award?

Thoughts?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You could have posted this in the Hornets thread or Lakers thread.
But to answer your question, Chris will win an MVP prolly in atleast 3 years. He will be a top canidate for the next 10/15 years.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:( I still think Chris Paul should of won it.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris will win an MVP prolly in atleast 3 years. He will be a top canidate for the next 10/15 years.

10 15 years? I doubt that. I say he'll be a conteder for the next 8 years at the most.

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
I don't think it'll take 3 more rings for Kobe to be on Jordan's level. I think he's already there. He's already the best player since Jordan. It's unlikely he'll get 3 more rings, but I think he's already up there with Jordan. That might be a bold statement, but he is good enough He just hasn't gotten as many rings, but he has had a three-peat. Granted it was with Shaq on his team, but all he needs is a little bit more on the team he has now and he could do it again or at least get 3 more.

To respond to PugZee, who said Paul will be MVP in at least 3 years: I think Paul will be MVP either next year or the year after. He's only going to get better.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ha, partly, but mainly cause the Hornets are nowhere near the #1 seed in the west 9 times out of 10.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its about time Kobe got his

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Hold up, why are YOU talking about championships ? The last championship GSW has won was over 30 years ago. You don't have ANY room to talk. At least the Lakers are back on the road to the finals. Whilst for the Bay Area fans, who knows what other knuckle-headed moves your crap franchise is going to make next during the draft.
WOAH SOMEONE GOT THEIR CLIT INJECTED WITH VENOM TODAY HUH?

when did i say anything about the warriors and championship? LOL :rolleyes:

crap franchise? hokay...
im LOLing at you going at me when i said nothing about warriors winning a championship.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Yeah, that was a low shot at the Warriors. Warriors are the most exciting basketball besides Kayvon Zand's organization built around Birdman and AJ Carson.

DUDE WHISPER U LIKE CHAD WARDEN? BOI HE BE BALLIN

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guys, stop posting in white please, it's really annoy having to highlight every post. Just keep it normal, if your trying to block something you say, then just AIM each other or PM each other.

As for Kobe, congrats to him! Well deserved, him and his team have played great this year. IMO, CP3 deserved it for how he's improved their team, but either one of those 2 would have been a great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%