Kobe to retire at the end of the season

BNC

Reaction score
Good call, it's actually been pretty sad watching him play this year.

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Good call, it's actually been pretty sad watching him play this year.
You don't deserve to watch him at his worse if you didn't watch him at his best. Don't be that guy to make a big deal about a 37 year old playing bad after all he's accomplished, not to mention he came back from an Achilles, a fracture knee, and a torn rotator at an age where others would have just retired after having such a great career. If you can't respect kobe now after all he's done, you're truly a hater.

Paulius

Reaction score
So sad. My entire childhood is basically dead. Seen him play so much, seen him do so many exciting things on the basketball court. The footwork, the incredible shots, the fade aways, the dunks, the game winners, the killer mentality, man is it gonna be missed. 62 points in three quarters, 81 point game, 4 games in a row over 50, including 2 games over 60, 9 straight games with 40+, averaging 34 in a season, just wow. Championships, true passion, true love for the game is whats truly gonna be missed. The last rare breed is slowly dying. Killer assassin, the black fucking mamba. Each and every night did something exciting, never knew what he was gonna do each night. Pure example of hard work paying off. Didn't care about anything but winning championships. Practiced, practiced and practiced and that's why he was so great. Top 10 player of all time. Second SG of all time. Getting a statue outside of staples arena, and hopefully will get the green light to join team USA and go off into the sunshine with a gold medal. Truly a sad day in my basketball watching career, but glad to know that my childhood absolute favorite athlete has accomplished so much and cemented his name next to the all time greats and in the history of the game. Cannot wait to show my own kids what I got to watch my entire childhood when he was at his absolute best. It's been real.

Sutherby

Reaction score
A couple years too late.

#2 SG of all time #24 said:
You don't deserve to watch him at his worse if you didn't watch him at his best. Don't be that guy to make a big deal about a 37 year old playing bad after all he's accomplished, not to mention he came back from an Achilles, a fracture knee, and a torn rotator at an age where others would have just retired after having such a great career. If you can't respect kobe now after all he's done, you're truly a hater.
You seem like a penis.

Panic!

Reaction score
And the last thing he'll do??

help the Lakers tank for the rest of the season to get Simmons because of his terrible shooting.

BNC

Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
You sound salty

BNC

Reaction score
Woj put it perfectly

[TWEET]671229202411089920[/TWEET]

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
My favorite baller of all time!!!! #MambaMentality

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
This pic makes me happy and sad at the same time

BRAAP!

Reaction score
I've never seen a guy complete forget how to shoot a basketball like Kobe seemingly has.

Paulius

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
I've never seen a guy complete forget how to shoot a basketball like Kobe seemingly has.
No legs, no lift

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
[video=youtube;dPuORT4x1Eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuORT4x1Eg[/video]

BRAAP!

Reaction score
My buddy just sold his two lower level tickets for the Lakers/Wizards game for 400 a pop. He usually asks for 80.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Paul hit the nail on the head. He's old... I mean, I don't think anyone saw him coming back and returning to form. It sucks to watch a guy struggle the way he has when he is one of the greatest of all time.

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
He wanted to see if he could still keep up with these guys after basically having 1 1/2 seasons off but at the end of the day he just isn't there physically anymore. I have mad respect for him for trying though he could have very easily called it quits when his body started failing him but he kept pushing and kept trying to get back to what he was but it just didn't happen. So sad :( Really thought he'd be the last of that generation to retire.

Was pretty dope seeing him hit that ridiculous clutch 3 last night though even if he was 4-20 shooting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%