Knicks Trade Balkman to Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Knicks Trade Balkman To Denver

The New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that a 2010 second-round draft choice, guard Taurean Green and guard/forward Bobby Jones have been acquired from Denver for forward Renaldo Balkman and cash considerations.

The draft pick will be the more favorable selection between the Nuggets and Clippers, resulting from a previous trade.

Balkman, 6-8, 208-pounds, averaged 3.4 points and 3.3 rebounds in 65 games for New York last season. Originally drafted by the Knicks after his junior season at the University of South Carolina in the first round (20th overall) of the 2006 NBA Draft, the Staten Island-native finishes his career in blue and orange having played in 133 career games, averaging 4.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 15.2 minutes over two seasons.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean I loved Balk's energy, but he wasnt very talented. I do like the draft pick, but Im sure Green and Jones will be cut.

We have enough PG's and I dont even know who Bobby Jones is. Its a minpr move, but Ill take it.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bobby Jones is a good defender. I believe we drafted him. he's a good defender though. He was gettin bruce bowen compariosns.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah im doing a little "researching" on him now.

But I think this puts our roster at 17, so these two are probably the ones on the chopping block, I think every move we make from now until 2010 will be CAP related.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So are the Nuggets trying to suck now?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nuggets traded nobody and got Balkman, who can fit in as a 3rd SF for them. High energy guy.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks waive Green, Jones a day after trade

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Knicks waived Taurean Green and Bobby Jones on Tuesday, one day after acquiring the pair of seldom-used players in a trade with the Denver Nuggets.

The moves were expected as the Knicks continue to overhaul their roster under Donnie Walsh, the team’s president of basketball operations, and new coach Mike D’Antoni. Green, a guard, and guard-forward Jones were acquired Monday for forward Renaldo Balkman, a 2010 second-round draft pick and cash.

Balkman became expendable when the Knicks drafted forward Danilo Gallinari with the No. 6 selection in the June draft.

The contracts for Green and Jones aren’t guaranteed after Aug. 1.
LINK

What did I tell you? I knew this was purely a CAP move. No need to release Balk and get nothing in return. But it makes you think, we used a 1st rounder on him and trade him for a 2nd rounder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%