Kesler's recovery "on schedule"

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Ryan Kesler remains optimistic he will be able to play in the Vancouver Canucks' season opener despite undergoing hip surgery only four weeks ago.

Kesler was given a time frame that included 10-12 weeks of rehab after he had the labrum in his hip repaired late last month. The Canucks open at home against Pittsburgh on Oct. 6.

"It's going good; small victories here and there," Kesler told Canucks TV from his hometown of Livonia, Mich. "I just got off my crutches and I'll start strengthening so everything is back to normal. I'll start skating here in the next couple of weeks and hopefully be back by that first game."

Kesler's history with hip labrum surgery suggests he might just make the opening night lineup. He had a similar surgery in January 2007 and returned 10 weeks later -- in time for the start of the playoffs. He was initially told he would be out anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks.

"I know what it takes. I know the rehab," Kesler said. "It might even make me braver to try things I probably shouldn't be trying, but it's going to make me come back quicker and hopefully I can play in that first game."

Kesler is coming off a career year in which he scored 41 goals and won the Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good news for the Canucks. Really looking forward to see what he can do next season.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Ya, the guy was un-believable in the playoffs, if he stays like the through the season, he'll be one of the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%