Kemba Walker to Pistons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spangar

Reaction score
The Detroit Pistons have the No. 8 pick in the draft; in the SB Nation 2011 NBA Mock Draft, Matt Watson of our Pistons blog Detroit Bad Boys takes UConn guard Kemba Walker. Matt explains the choice.

Wait, Kemba Walker? An undersized combo guard for a team that's already trying to unload a scoring guard? Admittedly, he's not my first pick.

What the Pistons truly need is a defensive anchor in the paint who can focus on protecting the basket and snatching rebounds. Or perhaps a replacement for Tayshaun Prince, who's likely played his last game in Detroit. Or maybe a true point guard so the Pistons can end the Rodney Stuckey experiment.

But since Bismack Biyombo, Kawhi Leonard and Brandon Knight are off the board -- and guys like Jan Vesely and Tristan Thompson are either a project or a reach -- Walker is the value pick. He's safe. He's going to be productive from Day 1, even if he is currently redundant.

And that's OK, because after two and a half years of sitting on his hands, Joe Dumars finally has permission from ownership to resume doing his job. Walker's arrival should signal someone else's departure, whether it's Stuckey, Ben Gordon or Rip Hamilton. Once the depth chart is balanced, having a dynamic scorer on a rookie-scale contract makes sense -- especially a high-character gym rat with a track record of improvement and success.
ehh dont think the pistons should get another small guy imo

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
not only do i think Kemba would be a bad choice for detroit, i think SAC or TOR will pick him before then

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
He'll go before the Pistons pick imo, there's been talk about us trading up for him too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
please let he go before us. we dotn need another damn guard. wtf

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I love Kemba but I don't see how he'd fit in Detroit, they're crowded enough with guards.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see Kemba going 5 or 7.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Way I see it, we draft Kemba that HAS to been we are starting to get rid of guards.
Likely means Rip/Gordon is gone, and Stuckey might not be back. Instantly clearing the backcourt.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Kemba will have a disappointing career.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think we cant move ben gordon or cv because of the cba being in limbo. same could be said for rip but hed be easier to move..

spangar

Reaction score
i think we cant move ben gordon or cv because of the cba being in limbo. same could be said for rip but hed be easier to move..
rip is so old tho we'd prolly have to pay someone to take him. Pistons are in a huge rebuilding stage and hopefully losing some gaurds is where it starts.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Kemba will do fine.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather take a chance on Kemba than a Euro lol.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I like Kemba, but I wasn't thinking he'd be around when our pick came, and apart of me is hoping he isn't.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lot of people think we are taking Bismack or Kemba.
If we take Bismack, I quit with this team.

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
Alec Burks would be perfect fit in Pistons uniform.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He would if we didn't still have Ben Gordon and Richard Hamilton on the roster lol.
Really got no room for him, but I do like him a lot. He is going to be a good player.

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
But they not the same players that they was 2-3 years ago..

But Point is I don't think Kemba will be drafted higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%